Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App not connecting [02.25.2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla app on my iPhone stopped being able to connect to my MYLR this afternoon- no problems at all previously but for the past several hours, continues to spin and says “Last seen x hours ago”. No ability to start climate controls, location hasn’t updated, and no ability to view live cameras on sentry mode. I can unlock and drive the car using my phone as a key normally, just no ap connection to the car.

Anyone else having similar problems?

Same here
no data recorded either on TeslaFi

did a reboot and seemed to at least fix the connection also TeslaFi still has no data
thanks for the info- did you reboot the car, the app, your phone? I've tried rebooting my phone and the app, haven’t tried the car yet. Also don’t want to delete profiles or delete/reinstall the app until I get home from my current trip in case something goes wrong and I'm not able to drive the car.

Just picked up our Model Y a week ago. Last two days the app only connects within bluetooth range (both my wife and I). Funny thing is when my wife set the preconditIon I got an alert from 20 miles away that is was done but the app was still spinning saying last seen 9 hours ago. Will try the car reboot.

Problem-Same issue here with 2021 MYLR. I rebooted the car, rebooted the i-phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, nothing works. Now the app is telling me to login to my Tesla account, because I reinstalled, but will not open the url auth-global.Tesla.com. I’ve run out of options. Any idea how to proceed, please? I even copied the url outside the app and tried to open it there and get the same error "could not open the page because the server stopped responding." Grrrrr.
Solution for me.
I turned off VPN on my phone and it let me login. Would be nice to have a more accurate worded error message.
Not sure if an updated version of the app is now puking if it sees VPN. This never happened to me before.

I have been having the same problem. Mine seems to be worse when charging. I have current versions of IOS, the app and 2022.45.15 on the car. Have restarted all of them but the problem continues. I am not sure when it started but think it was within the last 3 months. Frustrating because I used the app successfully for 3 years before this problem started.

I've had this issue constantly since we got our MYP 6 months ago. The only fix for us is to reboot the car after every single drive.

The car has been in for numerous SC visits and troubleshooting but Tesla claim there's nothing they can do.