Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App not unlocking car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the past 3-4 months the Tesla app hasn’t been able to unlock my car. It’ll vent the sunroof, handle the climate, etc. But no unlocking car or opening the trunk.

Car software: 2019.12.1.1 4b1dd29
App software: 3.8.4 (29e97dace)

I’ve tried reinstalling app many times. And I’ve tried rebooting car and a full power down/wait 3 minutes/power up on car. Still no help. Service and rangers feel it’s just a software bug, but it’s been a looong time through different versions of both car and app software. Any thoughts from you guys?

Thanks in advance,
Rob

I has the same problem (it happened after my MCU was replaced). I setup a service appointment to have it checked, describing the problem when I setup the appoint. A couple of days later, the service center (or a remote tech) contacted me and said they could fix this problem remotely. They said the car needed to be parked and would be unavailable for about 20 mins, and when they were done, the problem was fixed! I'd recommend contacting Tesla again and see if they can fix it remotely. I recall another post said this problem is due to a mismatched certificate or something like that. It might be worth mentioning. Good luck.

• Helpful
Reactions: bmah
I has the same problem (it happened after my MCU was replaced). I setup a service appointment to have it checked, describing the problem when I setup the appoint. A couple of days later, the service center (or a remote tech) contacted me and said they could fix this problem remotely. They said the car needed to be parked and would be unavailable for about 20 mins, and when they were done, the problem was fixed! I'd recommend contacting Tesla again and see if they can fix it remotely. I recall another post said this problem is due to a mismatched certificate or something like that. It might be worth mentioning. Good luck.

I had my MCU replaced also. Twice actually. So that might be it. Thanks a bunch.