Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App Showing Asleep?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently installed app version 4.33.X and now when I access it I'm seeing a different note at the top of the screen that shows the my Tesla has been asleep. This notation was not present in earlier app versions. Anyone else seeing this?

Asleep.jpg

I use iPhone and have noticed this too. I've never seen "Asleep" prior to getting the 2024 M3 Highland. I have the latest iOS Tesla app version. Both cars are on the same app but one show "Asleep and the other "Last seen". M3 Highland has the latest spring update (shows "Asleep") and the other does not. It maybe car software difference. I would know for sure once the other car gets pushed with the spring update.

Attachments

• IMG_8814.jpg
    IMG_8814.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8815.jpg
    IMG_8815.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 2
I use iPhone and have noticed this too. I've never seen "Asleep" prior to getting the 2024 M3 Highland. I have the latest iOS Tesla app version. Both cars are on the same app but one show "Asleep and the other "Last seen". M3 Highland has the latest spring update (shows "Asleep") and the other does not. It maybe car software difference. I would know for sure once the other car gets pushed with the spring update.

Its absolutely not a "highland" thing, in any way shape or form, though, since I see it sometimes for both of my Teslas. One is a 2018 Model 3P and the other is a 2022 Model Y Performance.

My wifes model Y is on 2024.20.1, and my 2018 Model 3P is on 2024.3.25 (like a lot of other cars with FSD).

Reactions: AttoPro
I have an Android App 4.33.5 and still have the "last seen..."

I wish the car would no wake up everytime I want to access my Tesla account

Note: This was announced a long time ago.., see 'not a tesla app' on April 26, 2022

Seriously. Or at least be able to select an option to not wake when opening the app. It’s one of the reason I like Tessie.

Its absolutely not a "highland" thing, in any way shape or form, though, since I see it sometimes for both of my Teslas. One is a 2018 Model 3P and the other is a 2022 Model Y Performance.

My wifes model Y is on 2024.20.1, and my 2018 Model 3P is on 2024.3.25 (like a lot of other cars with FSD).
Are you on Android or iOS? On iOS, I don't recall noticing the switch between asleep and last seen on a particular car. It has always been "Last seen" for my older Teslas and only "Asleep" for the highland. Im now curious if I missed a car setting somewhere. Im also curious what the difference is.

Are you on Android or iOS? On iOS, I don't recall noticing the switch between asleep and last seen on a particular car. It has always been "Last seen" for my older Teslas and only "Asleep" for the highland. Im now curious if I missed a car setting somewhere.

iOS, on an iPhone 13, thats on 17.5.1, and my Tesla app is on 4.33.5-2673. I havent tried to figure out why sometimes the cars say "asleep" and sometimes they say " last seen". I thought it was ryzen processor (my Model 3P has the intel atom processor) but I am like 99% sure I have seen that car say "asleep" even though its not often.

In fact I dont think I have ever seen my model 3 say "asleep" when I have it plugged in (which is most of the time). I unplugged it from our wall connector once to see if the car was having a sleeping problem and seem to remember that when it was unplugged, it then said "asleep" in the app after a while, HOWEVER thats just from memory.

I didnt actually sit down to try to devise any tests or anything for it, so absolutely could be mis remembering that part of it.

MX just got pushed with software update 2024.14.9 (spring update). Finally!

Now both cars get status "Asleep".

I noticed while charging, opening the app will initially pop up status "Last seen" before showing your charging status. And like what you guys observed, Last seen also pops up when the app initially connects with the car before either getting either "Asleep" or "Parked" status.