Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App that Works with Tesla Trip Planning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to plan my first long trip, from Florida to Maine. I have my route and charging stops from Tesla software. Is there an app that would tell me the hotels and restaurants near each Supercharger? I know I can look up each one individually, but thought there might be a Tesla trip planning app that works with my nav software. (Yes, I’m a new owner.). THANKS.

Trying to plan my first long trip, from Florida to Maine. I have my route and charging stops from Tesla software. Is there an app that would tell me the hotels and restaurants near each Supercharger? I know I can look up each one individually, but thought there might be a Tesla trip planning app that works with my nav software. (Yes, I’m a new owner.). THANKS.
I find 2 apps useful for this information, but I know there are others. I use Superchargers by Ndili and ABRP (a Better Route Planner). Having just done a multi-charge stop trip, I found all to be useful supplements for the cars plan. AC is huge when traveling in hot climates, as you probably know. Planning to useful when driving an EV.

Upvote 0
I find 2 apps useful for this information, but I know there are others. I use Superchargers by Ndili and ABRP (a Better Route Planner). Having just done a multi-charge stop trip, I found all to be useful supplements for the cars plan. AC is huge when traveling in hot climates, as you probably know. Planning to useful when driving an EV.
Thank you. Very helpful. I’ll check out both apps today. Living in Florida, we have the AC on most of the time so a long summer trip will really be an education on how much the AC impacts range, and can we be comfortable with the temp set to mid to high 70's. Instead of our usual 70. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
i used the ABRP from Chic to Ann Arbor actually b4 super chargers 2yrs ago. We stopped at a great place took no real amount of time maybe 30' but was good to rest & eat...just an FYI don't rush to Maine the smoke from fires are just horrendous..Climate Chg..think anyone who thinks its a hoax believes it yet? But feel proud you are helping the World's enviornment with an EV!!

Upvote 0
Plenty of hotels have an onsite charger these days, Plugshare is your friend to find these. You'll need the J1772 adapter, and sometimes a Chargepoint card - but they are still mostly free and you wake up with a full battery in the morning.

Generally, the I-95 drive is a sea of mediocre fast food and chain restaurants. Yes, there are exceptions, but I've rarely had a great meal at a Supercharger. If you've never been to a Buc-ees, plan at least one charge and meal here.

Mostly depends how far off the highway you want to deviate. Yelp / Google Maps / Apple Maps is your friend. Happy to provide restaurant suggestions if you want to provide a bit more info about your plans.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Plenty of hotels have an onsite charger these days, Plugshare is your friend to find these. You'll need the J1772 adapter, and sometimes a Chargepoint card - but they are still mostly free and you wake up with a full battery in the morning.

Generally, the I-95 drive is a sea of mediocre fast food and chain restaurants. Yes, there are exceptions, but I've rarely had a great meal at a Supercharger. If you've never been to a Buc-ees, plan at least one charge and meal here.

Mostly depends how far off the highway you want to deviate. Yelp / Google Maps / Apple Maps is your friend. Happy to provide restaurant suggestions if you want to provide a bit more info about your plans.
Thank you! I've done the trip a few times in my ICE cars, and agree with what you say about 95. Appreciate your advice on Plugshare. I am going to use it.
i used the ABRP from Chic to Ann Arbor actually b4 super chargers 2yrs ago. We stopped at a great place took no real amount of time maybe 30' but was good to rest & eat...just an FYI don't rush to Maine the smoke from fires are just horrendous..Climate Chg..think anyone who thinks it’s a hoax believes it yet? But feel proud you are helping the World's enviornment with an EV!!
Thank you. I’ve driven to Maine and back in my ICE cars, but as a new Tesla owner, I'm a bit intimidated and want to get this right. I just downloaded ABRP and started learning it.

Reactions: jerseygirl18
Upvote 0