Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apparently no NA model 3s are being produced

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note (bmah): This thread (the first 6 posts anyway) was originally posted in the Model S forum.

Ordered my first Tesla 12/20/19. 5 weeks later no vin. Called Tesla today 1/22 and was told “Tesla isn’t producing NA Model 3 until next month”. She then went on to say “Only International Model 3s will be Produced and delivered”. I don’t know how accurate she is with this information but I am very angry to find out like this. Wish I made this up, sadly this is what I was told.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered my first Tesla 12/20/19. 5 weeks later no vin. Called Tesla today 1/22 and was told “Tesla isn’t producing NA Model 3 until next month”. She then went on to say “Only International Model 3s will be Produced and delivered”. I don’t know how accurate she is with this information but I am very angry to find out like this. Wish I made this up, sadly this is what I was told.
yes...My understanding is that Teals makes cars for Europe at the beginning of the quarter, East coast in the middle of the quarter and west coast at the end.......I ordered my Model S on 22 Oct 2019.....told delivery would be end of Dec.....I asked for Jan delivery since I was out of the country.....Got text message last Friday.....they asked me to call the delivery center and confirm order.....I went in on Saturday and the agent looked up my order and said it say to call them back on 1-20-2020 which was this past Monday.....I did and was told “yea, your order was confirmed on 22 Oct 19; looks like a Mid-February or March delivery......and since you have an early order date, you might get higher preference when it comes to allocation”.....he also said that IF they have an inventory car around the lot, I might get that or they will build and assign vin number during production.....I told him I did not want left over inventory car and wanted a new build from a production run

Moderator note (bmah): This thread (the first 6 posts anyway) was originally posted in the Model S forum.

Tesla has limited capacity. I don't know why this would make you angry. When I ordered my last pickup truck the wait was longer. If your in a rush find one that's already been made or purchase a used one. If you want them to build you a new 3 you will have to wait in line. I am waiting on my cyber truck and if we order my wife a model Y I don't expect that it will arrive anytime soon.

• Helpful
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Tesla does this most every quarter. They first build for export. It takes some time to ship those cars overseas, and still get them delivered by EOQ.
Next Tesla will build for cars shipping closer, like Canada.
Next build for East Coast/Southern states. Takes some time to transport them as well.
Last is usually West Coast and States closer to Fremont. These can be delivered in just a couple days.
Then there is a mad rush at Delivery Centers to get them all delivered by EOQ.

This allows Tesla to maximize deliveries for Quartly financial reports.

This inefficient and often frustrating system is one of the major reasons Elon wanted to take Tesla private. Lots of hoops and disclosures necessary when you are a public company.

• Informative
Reactions: E Dizzle

This is not true. I ordered 1/3 and I got a message last Thursday that I’ll get it in 2-3 weeks. I got another message this morning at 11am that my car is ready and just scheduled my delivery for this Thursday by noon.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
  • Well guess what?.......just got a text saying my car was enroute......I called delivery center and got the Vin Number and it is scheduled for delivery this Thursday....yea......I requested a check for the rebate that I missed because they were not able to delivery before I left to go to Ecuador and had to push out to Jan......they are looking at that as it has been done before.....

I apologize for any inconvenience I have caused (posting in the wrong section). I’m not sure how accurate the representative was.

Update: The day after I called them and found that out, they sent a text message out to me regarding a delivery time update (1-4 weeks). Yesterday I found my VIN in the source code and ordered the charger