Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apply for Tesla loan hours before pick up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone, I have already selected my tentative Model Y delivery appointment which is set for tomorrow. I still haven't received a VIN and I was wondering, can I apply for the loan tomorrow? maybe an hour before I go pick up the vehicle? or even apply for the loan when I'm at Tesla location?

how did u schedule appointments without VIN? Because they process all the papers for you to sign before the appointment. But anyway, applying for a loan on the app via Wells Fargo only took 3-5mins and you get the decision almost instantly.

Hello everyone, I have already selected my tentative Model Y delivery appointment which is set for tomorrow. I still haven't received a VIN and I was wondering, can I apply for the loan tomorrow? maybe an hour before I go pick up the vehicle? or even apply for the loan when I'm at Tesla location?

You dont need a vin to apply for financing, so I am not sure what having a vin does or doesnt do in regards to financing. You do normally need a vin assigned to you to schedule delivery for the vehicle though, so neither one of the things you are saying are making a lot of sense.

I am confused myself! They never assigned a VIN for me! I got a text message from them saying "select your tentative Model Y delivery appointment... Please select an appointment as soon as possible. If a delivery appointment is not selected, we may need to make this vehicle available to another waiting customer." So I selected an appointment for tomorrow!

I am confused myself! They never assigned a VIN for me! I got a text message from them saying "select your tentative Model Y delivery appointment... Please select an appointment as soon as possible. If a delivery appointment is not selected, we may need to make this vehicle available to another waiting customer." So I selected an appointment for tomorrow!

How are you determining they never assigned a vin to you? on a completely separate and unrelated note, if the above is the case, why are you waiting to apply for financing till tomorrow instead of (for example) right now?

You theoretically could apply tomorrow but there would be no operative reason "tomorrow" is better than "right now" unless you expect interest rates to change drastically between right now and tomorrow for your loan application. Conversely, there are reasons "right now" is better than tomorrow, in that it gives time for everything to be approved and assigned appropriately in your account. It also gives you time to apply at another financial institution if you dont like teslas interest rate, to determine the amount of loan you are approved for, etc.

So, why would you wait until tomorrow? (rhetorical question, its none of mine or anyone elses business). I just am putting forth that there isnt any reason to wait, and reasons exist not to wait.