Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange experience. Got vin taken away.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My tesla model X vin was assigned. I got my loan completed with the vin, and the insurance ready to go. Delivery was scheduled for this Saturday (tomorrow), the SA congratulated me lol.
Then this morning, they called me and said that my car got stuck in Tennessee during transit, so they gave away my vin to someone in Tennessee instead.

I don't mind getting my car later, and who knows maybe this is a blessing in disguise and I actually end up getting ambient light and front camera but I'm reminded how crazy this company is when it comes to customer service. I currently own a Tesla and am fully aware of their 'sorry you're *sugar* out of luck' attitude toward their paying customers but I still come back for more :rolleyes:. I'm more upset that they're also telling me if I get my delivery a month later, my current trade in offer won't apply, and I'll have to go through loan process all over again.

Not looking for advice unless people have some similar experience and have a way to squeeze them for some benefits. Otherwise just venting.

My tesla model X vin was assigned. I got my loan completed with the vin, and the insurance ready to go. Delivery was scheduled for this Saturday (tomorrow), the SA congratulated me lol.
Then this morning, they called me and said that my car got stuck in Tennessee during transit, so they gave away my vin to someone in Tennessee instead.

I don't mind getting my car later, and who knows maybe this is a blessing in disguise and I actually end up getting ambient light and front camera but I'm reminded how crazy this company is when it comes to customer service. I currently own a Tesla and am fully aware of their 'sorry you're *sugar* out of luck' attitude toward their paying customers but I still come back for more :rolleyes:. I'm more upset that they're also telling me if I get my delivery a month later, my current trade in offer won't apply, and I'll have to go through loan process all over again.

Not looking for advice unless people have some similar experience and have a way to squeeze them for some benefits. Otherwise just venting.
Is this your VIN?

IMG_2397.jpeg