Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Appointment for Dual Motor Bagde

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I received it, I am assuming others did as well. I made an appointment for Tue evening.

-----------------------

MobileService_CanadaEast

I would like to wish a very Happy New Year to all of our local Ontario owners.

As you may or may not know, our Mobile Service division in Canada launched officially this summer and is off to a great start. The Mobile Service team offers a modern approach to automotive service by sending technicians out of traditional Service Centers to where our customers are.

It has been a pleasure to grow our Canadian team over the last six months to where we are today!

We are very excited to launch our very first POP-UP SERVICE events in the GTA this week as we have received the Dual Motor badges for the latest Model 3 owners.

If you would like to confirm a time to visit us at one of our two pop-ups this week, please let me know by responding to this email (appointments will be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis). We are taking appointments for complimentary badge installation in 15m increments:

Tuesday, January 8th 4:30-7:30pm at Dave & Busters, 120 Interchange Way, Concord

AND

Thursday, January 10th at 5:30-8:30pm at the Tesla Service Center, 420 Ambassador Drive, Mississauga

We will complete this complimentary installation in about 10 minutes, so please let me know your availability and we will confirm an appointment within 12h of the request.

• Informative
Reactions: Lon12
Yes, - I didn’t include that part - but here is the rest of the email.

—————

NOTE: Tuesday’s event is in collaboration with the Tesla Owners Club! If you are interested to attend this meeting, please email John Dixon at[email protected].
Their meeting takes place 6:30-9pm, and new members are welcome to participate! The cost to attend this owners event is $10.

If we haven’t had the opportunity to serve you yet, we look forward to it! If you cannot make these events, there will be more to follow or we can always complete the badge installation at your next service appointment.

Should you ever wish to set up a future service appointment with Mobile Service, simply phone 1-877-79-TESLA and request an appointment with Mobile Service Ontario. You can also reach us directly at [email protected].

No email on my end, but regardless both of these locations are way too far for me to drive to just get the badge. Hoping that I can just go to the Oakville SC in the near future to have it put on. I pass them every day on the way to work, and since it only takes 10 min maybe I should just reach out to make an appointment to get it put on?

No email on my end, but regardless both of these locations are way too far for me to drive to just get the badge. Hoping that I can just go to the Oakville SC in the near future to have it put on. I pass them every day on the way to work, and since it only takes 10 min maybe I should just reach out to make an appointment to get it put on?
Why not come out and check out our meeting?

B6E853F8-86DB-4A0A-B948-21BB4D683323.jpeg
Just had my Dual Motor badge put on. It is actually a little smaller than I had thought it would be (this is the first “live” version I have seen, the rest have just been in pictures) but I’m very happy with it (it is just a badge).

The entire process could not have been easier. My appointment was for 7:30 up in the Dave & Busters parking lot near highway 7 (Concord). Tesla has a small tent set up and probably 6 or 7 Tesla service techs milling around. I got there about 7:20 and they were just finishing up a nice white one before mine.

I pulled the car under the tent, they checked my VIN, wiped down the area on the trunk lid, waved what I assume was a heat gun, and then applied the badge. Not more than 5 or 6 minutes from start to finish.

They were all super friendly - one tech told me that they were scheduled to do 50 today (I was about number 46 today) and they have another 50 booked for Thursday evening (I believe somewhere in mississauga).

Parking lot was filled with a nice assortment of Teslas for the Tesla Owners Club Meeting that I understand was also taking place. Unfortunately I couldn’t stay to participate but it looked like it would be a good turnout.

Attachments

• 911E6BDB-5552-4371-AC64-71C026A18195.jpeg
    911E6BDB-5552-4371-AC64-71C026A18195.jpeg
    407.4 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: akidesir
View attachment 367439
Just had my Dual Motor badge put on. It is actually a little smaller than I had thought it would be (this is the first “live” version I have seen, the rest have just been in pictures) but I’m very happy with it (it is just a badge).

The entire process could not have been easier. My appointment was for 7:30 up in the Dave & Busters parking lot near highway 7 (Concord). Tesla has a small tent set up and probably 6 or 7 Tesla service techs milling around. I got there about 7:20 and they were just finishing up a nice white one before mine.

I pulled the car under the tent, they checked my VIN, wiped down the area on the trunk lid, waved what I assume was a heat gun, and then applied the badge. Not more than 5 or 6 minutes from start to finish.

They were all super friendly - one tech told me that they were scheduled to do 50 today (I was about number 46 today) and they have another 50 booked for Thursday evening (I believe somewhere in mississauga).

Parking lot was filled with a nice assortment of Teslas for the Tesla Owners Club Meeting that I understand was also taking place. Unfortunately I couldn’t stay to participate but it looked like it would be a good turnout.

I got mine too.... instand street cred!!! And those stink butt iceboxes might just start recognize and and respect the nuts!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0017.jpg
    IMG_0017.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: akidesir
I booked an appointment in Oakville through the app for March 11th to install the badge. Received an email saying that they have not received the badges and cancelled my appointment. My first service experience. I received the car Oct 5th. You’d think I could get a badge my March 11th.

“We noticed you have an appointment for March 11th to have the badges installed. We don’t have the badges in stock and we are not sure when the badges might be in. The appointment at this time would have to be put on hold until we get the badges in.”

Last edited:
I booked an appointment in Oakville through the app for March 11th to install the badge. Received an email saying that they have not received the badges and cancelled my appointment. My first service experience. I received the car Oct 5th. You’d think I could get a badge my March 11th.

“We noticed you have an appointment for March 11th to have the badges installed. We don’t have the badges in stock and we are not sure when the badges might be in. The appointment at this time would have to be put on hold until we get the badges in.”
I got the same info from them today. But was told they should have them in about 2 weeks. I also suggested I could come by one morning since the install should only take 10 min or less, and shouldn't need a full service appointment. They said that should be possible. I pass the SC twice a day going to and from work, so hopefully one morning I get it installed.