Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are 4 275/45 R20 Michelin's ok for all tires on the P90D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to have my summer tires (original Michelin's that came with my P90D) put on my Model X and tire store said treads were too worn down and I needed 4 new tires. I said ok to a replacement and came in today to have the new tires put on the car. At lunch, I took a look at my new tires and discovered that the tire store replaced all 4 tires with identical 275/45 R20 Michelin's similar to those that came with the car.

The standard MX configuration has 265/45 R20's on the front wheels. All 4 of my new tires are identical 275/45/ R20's.

Is it ok to keep 4 of the same tires on the Model X? The car is riding fine but didn't want to risk an accident of something by riding on the same tires on all 4 wheels of the Model X.

Couldn't find an answer to this question elsewhere. OK to ride on 4 275/45 R20 summer tires?

Thanks!

Went to have my summer tires (original Michelin's that came with my P90D) put on my Model X and tire store said treads were too worn down and I needed 4 new tires. I said ok to a replacement and came in today to have the new tires put on the car. At lunch, I took a look at my new tires and discovered that the tire store replaced all 4 tires with identical 275/45 R20 Michelin's similar to those that came with the car.

The standard MX configuration has 265/45 R20's on the front wheels. All 4 of my new tires are identical 275/45/ R20's.

Is it ok to keep 4 of the same tires on the Model X? The car is riding fine but didn't want to risk an accident of something by riding on the same tires on all 4 wheels of the Model X.

Couldn't find an answer to this question elsewhere. OK to ride on 4 275/45 R20 summer tires?

Thanks!

Personally, I would get them to replace them. Tires that are too big cannot be a good thing. By “tire store” I assume it was not a Tesla SC. Perhaps someone there can tell you what bad things might happen running around on oversized tires. Mechanical damage maybe? I don’t know. But I expect there is a good reason for T to specify 265. Someone made a mistake and they should correct it.

Your speedo will be less accurate. Since the car doesn’t have a mechanical differential, you probably won’t do any mechanical damage. Since tesla is very electronically dependent, you might want to make sure it doesn’t screw with the autopilot and the other features as your front tire is bigger and wider