Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are mudflap options available for the Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the winter weather coming, has anyone explored any effective mudlap options for the Model S to protect the paint from pebbles, mud and other stuff thrown out by the tires?

I read an article about Tesla releasing a mudflap kit for the Model 3 so I was wondering what options we have.

https://ww.electrek.co/2019/11/20/t...ud-flaps-winter-climate-model-3-paint-issues/
Watching as Im looking at options as well.

This site lists some front mudflaps for Model S but they’ve been out of stock for a while. https://s3xybodyguards.com/shop/

I’ve recently ordered a Chinese manufactured set off eBay like these and when they arrive I’ll report back on how/if they fit. Want to avoid drilling so will see what I can do with existing clips and tape. They’re listed as Xukey Model S and a quick search should find them. Around $30.

Attachments

• B522179E-439C-4CC2-A028-DBB744CC15AD.png
    B522179E-439C-4CC2-A028-DBB744CC15AD.png
    800 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
The drilling on the Model 3 set that many of us use (don’t know if it’s the one Tesla is using) has a small screw on the front flaps that screws into the plastic liner. I (and others) found it optional since the replacement clips do a good job of securing them. The rear ones don’t have any screws as they snap around the metal edge of the body.

I also wondered if anyone had made similar sera for the S and X but I think because their had been no concerns raised about paint issues/body damage as there were for the 3, it hadn’t come up.

was looking for some awhile back and found the ones listed above but they are literally just some universal amazon ones that someone hacks up and sells. instead of paying for something like that I opted to make my own. It's not too hard and really if you wanted to buy some universal ones on amazon like the s3xybodyguard guy does it wouldn't take you more than an hour or two to do. I chose to make mine a little more appealing by using a sheet of carbon fiber in a matte finish like the OEM trim/spoiler. here's a link to the the thread I posted when after I finished. It's been about 6 months and no problems so far. Custom made carbon fiber splash guards

Reactions: gbailey
was looking for some awhile back and found the ones listed above but they are literally just some universal amazon ones that someone hacks up and sells. instead of paying for something like that I opted to make my own. It's not too hard and really if you wanted to buy some universal ones on amazon like the s3xybodyguard guy does it wouldn't take you more than an hour or two to do. I chose to make mine a little more appealing by using a sheet of carbon fiber in a matte finish like the OEM trim/spoiler. here's a link to the the thread I posted when after I finished. It's been about 6 months and no problems so far. Custom made carbon fiber splash guards
Thanks. That’s really handy to know. I presumed they were designed to fit, not something that had been repurposed.

I already have XPEL ppf on my car but driving down an unmade road last weekend I ended up with a lot of mud splashed down the side of the car. I’ll report back on the mudflaps I ordered and let people know if they’re any good.

wondering if the mud flaps will ruin the look of the S

Not to mention the dismal aerodynamics; they must be worth 5 wh/km at high speeds.

I have put small scraps of Xpel on the tailing edge of the fenders cut to size. Anyone should be able to get them for free from any detail shop. Not a big deal putting on a fresh slice every year, and it can be doubled up.

I d like to know the same, while there are tonnes of options for M3, there are not many for MS.
I could find only black colored flaps for MS
There are whites for M3 but not MS
I did try to fit the Xukey mudflaps that I received for the Model S earlier today. Although they looked good they were a poor fit and after trying one of the rear flaps I gave up. Holes didn’t line up with the holes on the car, and even with drilling new hole in the flaps the fit would still be poor.

it’s a shame as I’d be happy to pay for a quality set of contoured mudflaps that fit well.