Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are perforated leather/vegan seats back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at my local SC and saw a MX P100D with VIN in the 128k range (7 seat - new style) with white perforated seats. I asked the service tech who was helping me out about whether this was an older model but he said that the perforated seats are back.

Anyone else found this to be the case?

I *think* they are a thicker version, like the current ‘fabric’ (UltraLeather) but perforated but I’ve not seen a sample or review. I do know from Bjorn’s and other reviews, the original ones were very thin (as you say).

Someone will have to test a new P model to report back!

Here is what I posted in another thread about my X P100D with the new ventilated seats.

Here is what I posted about the ventilated seats in the X forum:

Received my X P100D on Friday 6/22. I used the ventilated seats on the car ride back home. It was in the 90's and I definitely felt a difference with them on. Basically, what my OA told me about the seats is true.
  • The perforations are only in the middle of the seats and not on the side bolsters.
  • The perforation (hole) design has been totally reworked (according to OA). New design pictures below.
  • The 2nd and 3rd rows will also have perforations to match the fronts, but with no air flow mechanism.
  • The design draws (sucks) heat away. Two other people could also feel the difference.
View attachment 312064 View attachment 312065 View attachment 312066 View attachment 312067
Thread: Have any P100D's with ventilated seats been delivered yet?