Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service replaced my leather seat with a vegan seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an early 2017 Model X with black nappa leather seats. I had the left second row seat replaced under warranty. The new seat they gave me is stated as part 1076072-02-B on the invoice. It looks like a vegan (not real leather) seat, similar to my Model 3 and new Teslas. I also noticed they reused my old glossy seat back cover, as it has the same old scratches that go across all 3 seat backs. I looked in the posts catalog and could not find a part that was clearly the correct replacement.

Service insists this is the correct part. Can anyone help me prove otherwise?

Attachments

• IMG_6337.jpg
    IMG_6337.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_6256.jpg
    IMG_6256.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 160
I have an early 2017 Model X with black nappa leather seats. I had the left second row seat replaced under warranty. The new seat they gave me is stated as part 1076072-02-B on the invoice. It looks like a vegan (not real leather) seat, similar to my Model 3 and new Teslas. I also noticed they reused my old glossy seat back cover, as it has the same old scratches that go across all 3 seat backs. I looked in the posts catalog and could not find a part that was clearly the correct replacement.

I don’t know. The first photo looks pretty leatherly to me. If you could have taken a pix of your newer cars, that might help with the comparison. Most of the difference is due to 6/7 years of use.

• Disagree
Reactions: TespaceX

Reasonably certain they only use synthetic leather now, I doubt they have an option to replace it with real leather. Not sure what the solution would be on your end or what you csn get them to do about it. Honestly you might be stuck with an aftermarket option.

• Funny
Reactions: TimothyHW3