Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are the door exterior handle mechanical or electronic or both?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would had I known there is no rear door releases. Ordinary cars would have that. It is like when you go buy a car, do you check if they have seat belts?
And yet you should have known, had you done your research about the car before buying it. Consumers have so much information at their finger tips, yet don't use it. But your seat belt comparison isn't the same. I mean, ordinary cars also have spare tires too. But you probably didn't know that your Tesla doesn't have a spare, did you?

I've read that a lot of newer vehicles don't come with spares. Can't verify it myself though.
Some Newer Cars Are Missing a Spare Tire says that about 30% of new cars do not have a spare tire (although some of those come with a tire sealant and compressor, run-flat tires, or self-sealing tires).

Most spare tires in new cars that do have them are temporary use "donut" spare tires.

And yet you should have known, had you done your research about the car before buying it. Consumers have so much information at their finger tips, yet don't use it. But your seat belt comparison isn't the same. I mean, ordinary cars also have spare tires too. But you probably didn't know that your Tesla doesn't have a spare, did you?
I knew about the Tesla without spare since I bought my 2014 MS. I had driven cars with no spare but they had run flat tire. Do you know what is run flat? But why Tesla did not put on run flat is puzzling. You could argue how often you get a flat. But when it happens to you, you wish you had them.