Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arguments about binning, hub sizes, and other speculation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would say the same about you since I have been a certified car mechanic for 7 years.

Impressive...

I've been in auto parts since 1985.

I've been doing track days in my own car since 1990.

Knowing how to do a brake job is not the same as knowing anything about the requirements of performance brake systems.

Stating that the type of caliper doesn't matter because "they can all lock the wheels" is complete nonsense, and furthermore this statement is completely inexplicable coming from someone who has upgraded calipers on his own car.

Reactions: Autoxer7
Definition semantics in this case made all the difference though. If you are going to call the "rotor hat" a "hub" and with that definition claim the hub is different between car variants, then you will sound wrong when in reality you where correct but referring to a totally different part than everyone else understood.

No, every time I referred to a "hub" without specifying that it was part of the disc, I was referring to the wheel hub, not the hub portion of the brake disc, AKA "rotor hat"

No one was wrong, just people where thinking of different parts.

Actually, a review of this silly and wrong-headed discussion will show that it was being claimed the "wheel hubs" were different between P3D+ and P3D-. And the person doing that was belittling the people who were unambiguously telling him the wheel hubs were identical.

Now please stop with this nonsense!

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life