Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona model 3 MR waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Three hours. Three ****ing hours and I already have a chip in the windshield. I hate this is so common in AZ it’s an industry.

That sucks. Here in California too. Roads are in pretty bad shape and winter is just here now. I've been trying to drive carefully myself and yesterday was driving to get my Model 3 wrapped, and a bunch of tin cans--look like recycled trash on the roadway--were in my lane ahead. As cars went by they would fly up in the air. One hit underneath the car but at least not the body or windshield. Then a few miles ahead there was a construction vehicle hauling dirt and rocks I guess. I was blocked by traffic around me and stuck in the lane next to him and sure enough truck hits a bump in road and dirt and some rock material came out of it's back. I still don't understand why it's not DMV law to have open trucks hauling material have secured tarps over the area to prevent material flying out. Thought for sure I would have damage as I heard it hitting the car. So far didn't see any and will be curious what PPF shop has to say after washing and inspecting.

If you have a chip, get Safety Lite at least fill it with that epoxy so it doesn't spread into a crack and become a safety/driving issue. Most insurance will cover for nothing out of pocket for that I think. Always can replace windshield if in driver's line of sight but you'll buy yourself some time to get it done with the epoxy repair. Some people on here have reported long wait times for replacement windshields.

• Informative
Reactions: brainded
That sucks. Here in California too. Roads are in pretty bad shape and winter is just here now. I've been trying to drive carefully myself and yesterday was driving to get my Model 3 wrapped, and a bunch of tin cans--look like recycled trash on the roadway--were in my lane ahead. As cars went by they would fly up in the air. One hit underneath the car but at least not the body or windshield. Then a few miles ahead there was a construction vehicle hauling dirt and rocks I guess. I was blocked by traffic around me and stuck in the lane next to him and sure enough truck hits a bump in road and dirt and some rock material came out of it's back. I still don't understand why it's not DMV law to have open trucks hauling material have secured tarps over the area to prevent material flying out. Thought for sure I would have damage as I heard it hitting the car. So far didn't see any and will be curious what PPF shop has to say after washing and inspecting.

If you have a chip, get Safety Lite at least fill it with that epoxy so it doesn't spread into a crack and become a safety/driving issue. Most insurance will cover for nothing out of pocket for that I think. Always can replace windshield if in driver's line of sight but you'll buy yourself some time to get it done with the epoxy repair. Some people on here have reported long wait times for replacement windshields.

Thanks for the advice, first thing I did was file a claim on it and schedule chip repair with Safelite. Just more frustrating than anything. If they can repair it I will be less annoyed but if I have to replace it I will be livid.

Also I had an electrician come to my house and put in the 240 w outlet. FRom what I read it's best to put in ground up which he did. He mentioned it's "not code" to do so but I did it this way. He charged me 200 total. It was pretty easy though because the outlet is really right on the other side of my fuse box.

Logged into my account today and saw the VIN. I immediately contacted my DA and asked about the updated purchase agreement. He sent that over within 15 minutes so now I have everything for my credit union. It appears to be on schedule for 12/24 delivery.

White/White
Aero wheels
EAP

I'm picking mine up friday at 10 in tempe.
Question: what is this film that is being written about in here. Is it just a window tint or protection or both?

The film is a clear very thin film that you can have done to either the front of the car or the whole thing. Protects against stone chips, etc. Xpel is self sealing for anything that is hard enough to scratch the film. 5 or 10 year warranty. Suntek is another popular brand. I keep my cars a long time and would never not put film on them. If you lease, I wouldn't do it.