Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 highland alloys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m currently looking at ordering the model 3 highland in ultra red with the white interior. I am undecided on which alloys to get on the car and I was after some opinions.

The 18” photons with the aero caps removed are nice and the black against the red I think looks good. I’m just concerned they look a bit small. I have a white m3 lr at the moment and the 18” look a bit small.

The nova are a good size and I like them but I can’t decide whether they look as good as the photons.

I suppose I could look at some aftermarket alloys in 19” or 20”.
What’s your thoughts?

I have the Highland in ultra red with 18" with the caps on for extra range and I am satisfied with them and how they look like.
I had a white M3 LR also with 18" and I agree that they looked a little small on that one, but it might just had been the strong contrast between the wheels and the car that made them look small.

18" = better range and better comfort
19" = a little better driving dynamics, but less range and comfort

The bigger the wheels are the less range and comfort you will get.

Reactions: Js1977
Upvote 0
I previously had the 19s on my first model three but this time (non-highland) opted for the 18s and swapped them for some aftermarket 20s (AEZ Atlanta - gloss black).
I don’t do much driving now as I work from home (2500 since July) and I wouldn’t say I’ve noticed any difference between the 19s and these 20s except perhaps that I’ve made washing the car more difficult (I’ll not get multi-spoke wheels in future).

Upvote 0