Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arnaque au kilometrage [mileage scam, per google translate]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Dom68

Aug 1, 2021
Bonjour!
Savez-vous si, au jour d'aujourd'hui, il est possible de falsifier le kilométrage d'une Tesla comme pour les autres marques ? J'imagine que oui, mais peut on verifier si on se fait arnaquer ou non?
Je precise que je ne suis pas une future arnaqueuse, mais une potentielle future arnaquée ;)

Merci pour votre aide !
Dom68

Bonjour!
Savez-vous si, au jour d'aujourd'hui, il est possible de falsifier le kilométrage d'une Tesla comme pour les autres marques ? J'imagine que oui, mais peut on verifier si on se fait arnaquer ou non?
Je precise que je ne suis pas une future arnaqueuse, mais une potentielle future arnaqué

Welcome to TMC. Using google translate (which I know only gets the general idea of translation), I get:

=========================================
Good morning!

Do you know if, today, it is possible to falsify the mileage of a Tesla as for other brands? I guess so, but can we check if we're getting ripped off or not?

I specify that I am not a future scammer, but a potential future scammer

=========================================

Une potentielle future arnaquée!!!!!!! :Oups:

Translates to:

=================================

A potential future scammed (oops)

=================================

So, as far as I know, I have not read about any way of doing this, and its somewhat unlikely due to the highly connected nature of the vehicle. There is no physical odometer to "roll back" everything is digital and stored in the car (and also connected to tesla).

Not sure where you are, but this really isnt much of a thing (rolling back odometers) on modern vehicles. Its more a thing for older vehicle, or extremely high dollar value vehicles like ferraris and some porsches etc, where there is value in trying to spoof it. Teslas are commodity cars, and its unlikely that "john smiths corner used car lot, buy here / pay here" is going to try to mess with something like this.