Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Artisan Spirits Aero Kit for Tesla Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know why there was any confusion.We never stated that the CFRP was full carbon. We even posted early on page 3 post #60 pictures of the CFRP parts that were available at the time. they clearly show only exposed areas are carbon.

This kit is nothing like Vorsteiner. Vorsteiner is FULL carbon...not CF overlay.

Yeah I may have used the wrong words. :p What I meant is that I thought all of the visible parts would be carbon fiber (or overlay in this case). I really wouldn't care about non visible parts not being carbon fiber. That's only good of you want to keep the weight as low as possible I guess and some more strength. But other than that I don't see the use and don't mind some parts being fiberglass. So yeah.. all visible parts should have been carbon fiber overlay at least. Then it would've been up to the customer to leave it all carbon look or partly painted like on the show car. Now we just don't have that option and it has to be painted. This while Artisan Spirits website mentions that it only needs a clearcoat, making you assume it's all carbon fiber overlay. That's not the case.. Well, maybe for a black car it only needs clearcoat but if you own any other color you definately need to get it painted. So it's still misleading in my opinion, this hasn't been mentioned anywhere.

And yes we did see that 1 picture that @EVStuning menioned but when asked for more we got nothing, not even any extra info on it. We weren't even sure if that actually was the CFRP or just some early prototype version. It wasn't really that clear to see, I didn't even see it the first time, only now when looking back at it I actually see it's not full carbon overlay. Pretty hard to see with the black and bad lighting in that picture. And I guess @i.am.aj didn't see it either. ;) We saw absolutely nothing of the CFRP version unpainted untill now so ofcourse this can come as a bit of a surprise. All that we saw were the many pictures of the white show car with the fiberglass parts painted white. I really think most of us here thought there was still carbon fiber overlay below all that white paint but turns out there wasn't. I'm just happy I didn't order yet cause I would've gone for the CFRP as well back then. Now I know that I need to go with the fiberglass version.

At this price range, it's definitely disappointing that it's not full carbon fiber. But I'm still curious about this kit, particularly how the fitment will be. I think it's a good looking kit but from the pics and videos we've seen so far there does appear to be some noticeable gaps. IMO this cheapens the look of the kit. Again, for the price Artisans Spirits are charging, fitment should be close to perfect. Hopefully @i.am.aj and @Garlan Garner can provide more insight once they get their kits installed.

Reactions: Firehuntah
Painted and Installed on our Model 3

49867252951_69d6fb96e5_b.jpg

49866717563_f182af4001_b.jpg

49867252991_e2fa2c230c_b.jpg

49866717593_9ef28a44f4_b.jpg

49867562602_8962ae8e4e_b.jpg

49867562582_ec46cc2abb_b.jpg

Painted and Installed on our Model 3

49867252951_69d6fb96e5_b.jpg

49866717563_f182af4001_b.jpg

49867252991_e2fa2c230c_b.jpg

49866717593_9ef28a44f4_b.jpg

49867562602_8962ae8e4e_b.jpg

49867562582_ec46cc2abb_b.jpg

Looks really amazing! :) How was the install? Easy to do? Was drilling really required like mentioned on Artisan Spirits their website?
Can't wait to see this bodykit on some other color than white though. :p I think the white really shows the uneven gaps inbetween the kit and the car. Bit less noticeable on the front compared to the show car, but on the rear diffuser it's pretty much the same as on the show car. I think with other colors this might be a bit more hidden. It's too bad those gaps are there though but I think I can live with it if it's not or much less visible on darker colors. Still, I think this is the best looking bodykit for the Model 3 right now.

Looks really amazing! :) How was the install? Easy to do? Was drilling really required like mentioned on Artisan Spirits their website?
Can't wait to see this bodykit on some other color than white though. :p I think the white really shows the uneven gaps inbetween the kit and the car.
I was thinking the same. Darker colored cars would definitely make the gaps less noticeable. I wonder if you vinyl wrap the bumper and the spoiler in one whole piece of vinyl would that mitigate the issue further.

Yes I have. Still haven't heard any updates from Evasive though on if there's anything they can do with me.

It has costed me an unexpected $1100 visit to the paint shop to prep and paint.

Many of the holes do line up but there were a couple that didnt so I had to reinforce the front and sides with self tapping screws.View attachment 543909 View attachment 543910 View attachment 543911

Not bad! I think it was well worth it. You have a unique 3. Love it.

Although this is the best looking kit in my opinion, I wouldn't purchase this again if I could do it all over. This kit isn't worth the money.

Thanks for the pictures! Really love the way it looks. Can't wait to see it on some other color than white some day though. :D Difficult to decide if it'd look good on my blue or not.

That rear end is just so perfect with the diffuser and spoiler. I really think that's the best part of the kit. But the rest is awesome as well ofcourse. :p

Like @T3SLAROD said, you really have a more unique Model 3 now, it's at least worth it for that. :) But I do understand as you were hoping to get a full carbon overlay kit. That would've looked much more aggressive I think. Hope that gets settled somehow, 1100 dollar is quite some money added to it. For the small amount of carbon overlay that is on it I do also wonder if the CFRP is really worth it. Must've been around the same price or more now than a Vorsteiner kit, no? While that is full carbon fiber (not overlay). I think Artisan Spirits looks way better but still.. Pricing does seem a bit off.

Yes I have. Still haven't heard any updates from Evasive though on if there's anything they can do with me.

It has costed me an unexpected $1100 visit to the paint shop to prep and paint.

Many of the holes do line up but there were a couple that didnt so I had to reinforce the front and sides with self tapping screws.View attachment 543909 View attachment 543910 View attachment 543911
Looking good! Although I was really hoping to see it on a car that is NOT white :p

Anyways care to comment further on the fit? Particularly the gaps? How about ground clearance?

Reactions: Firehuntah
He quoted your post saying it didn't need to be painted and even I remember reading that post and I've seen this thread twice.

I don't know why there was any confusion.We never stated that the CFRP was full carbon. We even posted early on page 3 post #60 pictures of the CFRP parts that were available at the time. they clearly show only exposed areas are carbon.

Looking good! Although I was really hoping to see it on a car that is NOT white :p

Anyways care to comment further on the fit? Particularly the gaps? How about ground clearance?

The gaps are typically what you see in the pictures. I'd say they are enhanced because these pieces don't cover any existing body pieces but rather are attachments. Light years better than some cheap ebay/knockoff kits that i've seen for other cars. I think the fact that these are on white also enhances the gaps more. I'd imagine the gaps not be as noticeable with a darker car.

In regards to holes, about 80% of the holes on the front lip lined up where 2 were about an inch and a half off so we had to reinforce them with self tapping screws.

The side skirts only had 2 holes for each side so again, added extra reinforcement to make sure that it was attached solid.

The rear diffuser, holes lined up fine but wish there was an area where we could add additional reinforcement somewhere in the middle.

In regards to someones comment earlier about wondering if wrapping it would hide some of the gaps....not sure if they were talking about just any kind of wrap, but I had to wrap mine in @XPEL stealth so that the paint matched the rest of the cars.

The carbon fiber areas did require clear coat (although one could probably get away without it but it wouldn't be as deep as a finish) and that was coated with Opticoat Pro +

With the kit, the car sits about 1 and 1/2 inches closer to the ground. The car is currently on stock performance suspension in the pictures.

I'll post more pictures once I get the car back.....currently in the shop for air suspension.

With the kit, the car sits about 1 and 1/2 inches closer to the ground. The car is currently on stock performance suspension in the pictures.

Really 1 1/2 inch lower? That's actually quite a lot. At which places, sideskirts or what? Or does the front bumper sit lower now as well? Thought it only extended to the front and sides, not bottom as well. Might have to reconsider then as I already lowered my Model 3 slightly. Making it even lower I'll definately hit some speed bumps here. ;)

I'll post more pictures once I get the car back.....currently in the shop for air suspension.

Air suspension, nice! :) That'll look so good with this kit. Can't wait to see.

Could you please take some pictures of the bottom of the kit so we could see how it's attached to the car? And also a picture of the bottom of the rear diffuser if you could. :) Here in Europe we have the luxury of a tow hitch so I want to see if that would still be accessible somehow. ;) Some close ups of all the parts would be nice too, to see some more detail. :) Hope that's not too much asked. :D

The gaps are typically what you see in the pictures. I'd say they are enhanced because these pieces don't cover any existing body pieces but rather are attachments. Light years better than some cheap ebay/knockoff kits that i've seen for other cars. I think the fact that these are on white also enhances the gaps more. I'd imagine the gaps not be as noticeable with a darker car.

In regards to holes, about 80% of the holes on the front lip lined up where 2 were about an inch and a half off so we had to reinforce them with self tapping screws.

The side skirts only had 2 holes for each side so again, added extra reinforcement to make sure that it was attached solid.

The rear diffuser, holes lined up fine but wish there was an area where we could add additional reinforcement somewhere in the middle.

In regards to someones comment earlier about wondering if wrapping it would hide some of the gaps....not sure if they were talking about just any kind of wrap, but I had to wrap mine in @XPEL stealth so that the paint matched the rest of the cars.

The carbon fiber areas did require clear coat (although one could probably get away without it but it wouldn't be as deep as a finish) and that was coated with Opticoat Pro +

I'm interested in getting the trunk spoiler. Is the trunk spoiler completely covered with the carbon fiber overlay? Or only parts of it? Do you think it's worth it to spend $1200 on the cfrp or should I get the frp for $600 and wrap it with carbon fiber vinyl?