Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

At home test drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I currently live about an hour away from a dealership, car center, gallery whatever you want to call them and was trying to figure out the logistics of getting a test drive when I work nights. Tesla is being good enough to bring Model 3 Performance out to my home next Friday for me to test drive for a couple of hours. I'm asking them to bring a J-1772 adapter as well as I want to test out the charging system that is installed in my rental home. Thought this was pretty cool. Has anyone else done this?

I got a 24 hour test drive of a P100D last year because I told them I'd need to see how it did on my daily drive to/from home and work.... glad I did as it taught me EAP was excellent for said drive and that an S is too damn big, hence I got the 3 instead

I got a 24 hour test drive of a P100D last year because I told them I'd need to see how it did on my daily drive to/from home and work.... glad I did as it taught me EAP was excellent for said drive and that an S is too damn big, hence I got the 3 instead
I attempted to get a overnight test drive myself. However I have some special circumstances, I live about an hr from the nearest Tesla center, I work nights and they wanted me to pick up at the end of their work day (I would be at work), and drop off when they open (I would be asleep). I requested that they bring a J-1772 adapter with them as I have a chargepoint system installed in the garage of the house I rent and I want to make sure it works and also see what rate of charge I will get as it looks to be on a 20A circuit.

I have heard of this. I believe you can schedule this on their website (could be wrong).

Pretty sweet deal, they bring it to your house - you don't see other companies doing this!
I initially signed up for a test drive via the website, when they called tried working a 24 hr test and when that didn't pan out due to scheduling conflicts they offered the home test drive.