Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audi abandons self-driving plans for current flagship

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Based on the video, it seems the tech was quite good. That's a shame. Now whether it was actually reliable L3 or not is a different matter.

Given how European regulations have nerfed AP in Europe, it does raise questions of what Europe will allow if Tesla tries to say they have L3 Highway for example. I imagine Tesla will hit similar regulatory roadblocks to what Audi faced.

Based on the video, it seems the tech was quite good. That's a shame. Now whether it was actually reliable L3 or not is a different matter.

Given how European regulations have nerfed AP in Europe, it does raise questions of what Europe will allow if Tesla tries to say they have L3 Highway for example. I imagine Tesla will hit similar regulatory roadblocks to what Audi faced.

I'd be more concerned about the US- where Audi wasn't even gonna TRY and launch the feature.

Reactions: diplomat33
So you're telling me Audi announced a fancy feature to show they were ahead of Tesla, dithered for a few years, and now is quietly not going to release what they promised? Shocking...

Well, at the end of 2017 they watched fully self driving Teslas cross the USA coast to coast - as announced by Musk in 2016 - and realized that they weren't up to that challenge...