Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rivian seemingly plans to reveal R2 on Mar 7 at flagship Laguna Beach store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Again, doesn’t indicate anything that you said… and indicates exactly what I said - that they reported essentially exactly what their expectations were? Within ~ 500.

Ok. Audi5000

look i ain t gonna be doin your homework for you, i gave u facts and a link, from that you can do more research if in doubt or just study it a bit more and come to probable conclusions thru deductions of apparent facts or continue on your journey of denial...

look i ain t gonna be doin your homework for you, i gave u facts and a link, from that you can do more research if in doubt or just study it a bit more and come to probable conclusions thru deductions of apparent facts or continue on your journey of denial...
Fact or fiction. It took Tesla 8 years from the time the Model S launched until it made a full year profit?

If it is a fact, then how would you expect Rivian to turn a profit already, when the first production R1T rolled off the line in September 2021 — a little over two years ago.

What world do you live in? I own two Teslas, I like Tesla. But I’m not that blind to business realities.

Last edited:
Fact or fiction. It took Tesla 8 years from the time the Model S launched until it made a full year profit?

If it is a fact, then how would you expect Rivian to turn a profit already, when the first production R1T rolled off the line in September 2021 — a little over two years ago.

What world do you live in? I own two Teslas, I like Tesla. But I’m not that blind to common sense and business realities.
It is unfair to compare Rivian's progress to Tesla. Tesla entered a market with little competition. Rivian is competing with a variety of SUV and pickup truck BEVs. Admittedly, the demand for BEVs is now higher than when Tesla started. But there are a lot of choices and that matches that demand.

It is unfair to compare Rivian's progress to Tesla. Tesla entered a market with little competition. Rivian is competing with a variety of SUV and pickup truck BEVs. Admittedly, the demand for BEVs is now higher than when Tesla started. But there are a lot of choices and that matches that demand.
Of course, which makes it even more insane to expect Rivian to be profitable at this moment and expect them to have Tesla’s profit margins. Competition is fierce out there, but the company is making the right moves by introducing a cheaper, higher volume model.

What world do you live in? I own two Teslas, I like Tesla. But I’m not that blind to business realities.

this is a hard topic to discuss - tesla is a monster... and guess what? it almost failed...

every listed company went ipo bc it needs money... tesla was well armoured goin into battle... wild market capitalization at zero % ir meant it had plenty of backers... fast foward to today... rivian - no gigafactory, no expansion plan, no wild fanatic foot soldier on wallstreet to back em up, no money source, no demand, no nothin...

and so much more my fingers tire from just thinkin about what more needs to said but i think that suffice unless you can give any interesting counters...

rivian-r2-suv-spy-photos.webp

Last edited: