Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audible Buzzing/Rattling from Front Passenger Dash Speaker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yesterday i picked up a friend of mine who hasn't been in a Tesla yet and was really looking forward to showing it off and the stupid thing ends up exposing an issue. what started off sounding like a weird rattle turned out to be an audible "static" or buzzing noise coming from the dash speakers. we weren't 100% convinced it was coming from the speaker, but turning the radio off/on, smacking the dash, messing with the vents, etc., had no effect on the noise.

when i finally exited the highway, the buzzing actually reduced in volume and would begin to pick up again as I accelerated above 30 MPH. i made a point to restart the car once we reached our destination and the buzzing, as expected, did not return.

has anyone else experienced this? we suspect it's a grounding issue, especially since it seemed to be connected to the acceleration of the vehicle.

Yes. I do hear occasional crackle/pops. Wondering if it's a short like you're saying and should submit a service request. This is the bad side of rigid handling if there are "loose ends"