Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audible: Can't Log In

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm working on logging in to Audible in the car, but so far have been unsuccessful.

First, note that the only way to log in is via the QR code. Tapping "Log In or Sign Up" does nothing.

Login Screen.jpg

Next, I scanned the QR code and tried logging in with my phone, but each time it failed the 2FA step via the Microsoft Authenticator. Tried again, same result.

Next, I copied the QR code destination and logged in on my computer. I allowed access and got the message "Your registration is now complete."

Back to the car, and I was still on the same page. No way to change it.

Next, I did the QR code thing with the phone again, and this time I didn't have to log in, and just got these screens:

Screenshot_20240614_070441_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20240614_070316_Brave.jpg

But at this point, I'm still on that same page, with none of my audiobooks displayed. The only difference is there is a person icon, which would allow me to Sign Out.

20240614_070600.jpg

I'm still working on it. I'll reboot, wait, futz around looking for a solution, and check here to see if anyone has any suggestions.

SOLVED: Futzing around solved it.

I rebooted the car, and went through the QR code log in procedure on my phone again, and this time it worked. The screen refreshed and it had my audiobooks (including books that I wrote).

Books.jpg

I think the phone login failed at the authenticator step the first two times because the refresh was very slow and I clicked the submit button twice. But who knows why it failed after giving permission from my desktop computer.

I needed to repeat the login procedure on our second Tesla, and it worked the first time. I do think the problem was that I tapped a button twice because the web page was so slow to load and there was no feedback that the first tap had been successful.

It takes a while (30 seconds?) to refresh the screen after you've granted permission.

Syncing seems to work, listening to something on one car then the other.