Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Google Pixel 6 Cannot Log In To Tesla App [Help]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. My Google Pixel 6 will not allow me to log in to the Tesla app despite trying virtually every fix I've found on this site and across the internet. Not even the Tesla customer service rep I've been in contact with knows what to tell me. I'm hoping someone here can share a magic solution with me.

The issue is this: When I open the app (works fine), choose Sign In (works fine), enter my email (works fine), then enter my password and hit Enter, the page does a very brief loading animation and then refreshes that password page as if I hadn't just entered it. There is not an error message, alert, or anything else that pops up -- just the same password page from before. I try entering the password again, and the cycle continues.

Here are some facts about my situation:

• My phone is running Android 14
  • I am able to log in to my account using my computer, as well as my wife's iPhone

Here are the troubleshooting fixes I've already tried (each one multiple times):

• Reinstalling the app
  • Restarting my phone
  • Updating the app and downloading my phone's latest updates
  • Trying to log in on with both WiFi and 5G
  • Giving the app full permissions
  • Giving the app unrestricted battery and data access
  • Disabling my cellular data and reenabling
  • Clearing cache
  • Opening the log in page using the desktop version, and using mobile browsers (Firefox and Chrome)
  • Changing my password
  • Logging into my wife's account using my Pixel (same issue)

As I wait for another callback from the customer service team, I'd love to hear any more solutions folks can think of. Our vehicle is being delivered in a few days and I'd very much like to be able to use my app as intended. Thank you

If you have 2-factor authentication set up for your Tesla account, I'd suggest getting past the login problems with it turned off first. (Last time I tried, the Tesla app asked for a 2FA code, then switching to the 2FA app and back made it jump back to the enter-password screen. I posted a workaround on TMC using Android's split-screen feature to access both apps at the same time.)

If disabling a VPN doesn't fix it, I'd try watching the app's console log for any useful error messages when it jumps back to the enter-password screen. Do you have software development skills? This requires installing either Android Studio or the Android command line development tools on your desktop. Then connect the phone to the desktop via USB cable (or via WiFi with a bunch more setup steps). Enable debug access to the phone when it asks. Use Android Studio's logcat window or the `adb logcat` command line. logcat can filter the output for a specific app.