Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio volume jumps to maximum when using WhatsApp in car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whenever I used WhatsApp inside car, the volume jumped to maximum by itself even when it was originally set to off.
The volume was so loud that even the clicking sound of typing felt like shooting bullets.
Notification sound would be deafening, dangerous when driving.
Texting using phone messaging didn’t have this problem. Seemed related to WhatsApp +Bluetooth.

I just software updated to
No fix there

I have a similar issue playing an Audio Book on my iphone 13. When I get in the car and start the audio book, it blasts at maximum volume. I'm guessing because the phone volume is at max. I turn the volume down on the Tesla screen and everything is fine, until I get out and return whereupon the Tesla volume is back at maximum. Rinse and repeat. I want the Tesla to maintain the volume I last set!

Actually it appears that the Tesla jumps everything to max volume when it bluetooth links to my iphone, without starting an audio book.

I'm not sure but I think this volume problem only occurred with a recent software update but since I got two of them days apart, I don't know which one is the likely culprit.

Last edited: