Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a VIN, and my build is same as yours.

However!
Vin was acquired via SA and paperwork.
And it's not identified on the app or on the account webpage, and no one has reached out regarding delivery.

So, maybe it's coming...maybe...who knows.
I wish I knew of this SA that you speak of....
Did your SA reach out to you as well?

I wish I knew of this SA that you speak of....
Did your SA reach out to you as well?
No, I've just had the app tell me to go to my account, I was asked to read the Tesla vision paperwork and agree to it and make payment (wire). Once Tesla vision was completed, my delivery window shrunk from 10 days to 7.
After I wired funds I emailed a virtual service agent I spoke to months ago (just an agent not in Toronto. He was in British Columbia)
Just asked if he saw a Vin. He confirmed I was just matched with a Vin and that someone would reach out soon to sort delivery.
But the app and account still don't identify a Vin (except in the motor vehicle purchase agreement)

Hope this detail helps.

My guess is profile is not complete. Also, seems as if your app is not up to date, it should update and say view as it’s now done in app instead of the web.

Click on go to account, log into web and see what it shows you. Make sure your payment method is complete. If not, select cash, if you want to finance, you can change it after you get VIN. This will prevent a credit check, which will expire in 60 days and have to be done again
👍thanks, let me complete profile.

My guess is profile is not complete. Also, seems as if your app is not up to date, it should update and say view as it’s now done in app instead of the web.

Click on go to account, log into web and see what it shows you. Make sure your payment method is complete. If not, select cash, if you want to finance, you can change it after you get VIN. This will prevent a credit check, which will expire in 60 days and have to be done again
Agree with BGOwner. Make sure to complete the pre-step profile. No skip. Select No Trade-in, Cash. Once you got the VIN, you can talk to SA or toll-free to switch those options in seconds. Without completing your profile, you are not in the real queue (that's rep told me over the phone when I placed my order)

EDD push again. OD 8/22. Was Dec 21-31 now it's Jan21-Feb18. White/White/19's/NoTowNoFSD
Shoot that’s my configuration. My order date is 8–25 my EDD had been sitting at December 16 to December 31 and it moved on Sunday to December 30 to December 31. I did tell the show room I want to take delivery this year and they put a note in there I wonder if that will help.

Shoot that’s my configuration. My order date is 8–25 my EDD had been sitting at December 16 to December 31 and it moved on Sunday to December 30 to December 31. I did tell the show room I want to take delivery this year and they put a note in there I wonder if that will help.
EDDs are all over the board right now. Just goes to show it means very little until you get a VIN. Some people getting vins have EDDs months out at the time of assignment.

I also don’t believe the SAs have any control over where you are on the list. It’s an algorithm none of us have been able to crack

Picked up my car yesterday, and started to have buyers remorse before even leaving. I basically had no intro, walkthrough, etc., had to Google certain things myself I would have assumed they would have gone over. Considering how many employees were standing around at times, did not consider they were too busy. I get in the car and it is at 60% charge, that too really annoyed me (first said 90 miles range and I had at least that to do that day). Even after I got in the car the app still asking for final payment, because they never looked at the checks until I showed up, i.e. did not process payment until then (though had the checks from bank for almost 2 weeks). Some stuff was not difficult, just more annoyance like having to figure out how to set phone as the key, still no idea on remote sentry viewing. Had to Google pre-conditioning. Yes charger was in back, but still I would have figured they would say something. Windshield wiper fluid? Get yourself peasant, we don't waste our money getting that for you! (seriously, driving home, needed to clean the windows...and I have to stop at a f*@& gas station because it has no fluid). All together I paid $60k for a car Tesla has made me feel as if I should be grateful they sold me a car. *&#@ this, in a few years this is not going to fly, customers like me are going to walk away. If Polestar had better range, if Mercedes EQB was out and had good range, if VW was just a little bit better....

One certainty, in a few years....Tesla will be the last manufacturer I consider.

Picked up my car yesterday, and started to have buyers remorse before even leaving. I basically had no intro, walkthrough, etc., had to Google certain things myself I would have assumed they would have gone over. Considering how many employees were standing around at times, did not consider they were too busy. I get in the car and it is at 60% charge, that too really annoyed me (first said 90 miles range and I had at least that to do that day). Even after I got in the car the app still asking for final payment, because they never looked at the checks until I showed up, i.e. did not process payment until then (though had the checks from bank for almost 2 weeks). Some stuff was not difficult, just more annoyance like having to figure out how to set phone as the key, still no idea on remote sentry viewing. Had to Google pre-conditioning. Yes charger was in back, but still I would have figured they would say something. Windshield wiper fluid? Get yourself peasant, we don't waste our money getting that for you! (seriously, driving home, needed to clean the windows...and I have to stop at a f*@& gas station because it has no fluid). All together I paid $60k for a car Tesla has made me feel as if I should be grateful they sold me a car. *&#@ this, in a few years this is not going to fly, customers like me are going to walk away. If Polestar had better range, if Mercedes EQB was out and had good range, if VW was just a little bit better....

One certainty, in a few years....Tesla will be the last manufacturer I consider.
Sounds like you just had a bad egg in terms of delivery center. Sorry you had to go through that, thats not how it should be :/

Reactions: voxel
Sounds like you just had a bad egg in terms of delivery center. Sorry you had to go through that, thats not how it should be :/
Definitely sounds like a bad egg. I went with a family member to pick up her Tesla and the Tesla rep not only showed her every detail of the car and answered her millions of questions, but even went on a drive with her (she was nervous about driving it). But I would be upset too! Hopefully you will learn to love the car anyway!

Sorry to hear.
I am prepared for worst case. My father in-law had a funny story from when he picked up a model s. The rep met him and started by saying give it a drive around the block and we can discuss any issues or questions when you return. He went around the block, 2 or 3 min. Returned and the rep had left for the day. Everyone he spoke to said he needed to speak to HIS rep. He didn't even know how to open the charge port.

Glad you got your car. Will bring wiper fluid just in case.

If you haven’t been assigned a vin yet, you most likely will be pushed back on the edd or the day after it. It happened to me twice.
Just got off the call with a SA in Newport Beach, he is saying, strong chances I hit during Christmas week, they are expecting Socal deliveries for Christmas. But tbh every SA tells me something different. so WHO KNOWS!