Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got notice that Tesla can't deliver my car tomorrow as Tesla can not do home delivery in DC. It was the only option given to me btw! And they figure this out 2 days before delivery? As my young child would say... "what-the-what?" 😜 Think they need a new senior VP of car delivery and customer support. And part of job description should be to scour the pages of TMC for intel. Ohhhhhh Tesla!
The VP of customer support is dual hatted, and the same person, as the VP of the PR department.

Just like clockwork, my delivery was delayed again to this Sunday, 2/6. Sounds like the replacement part needed for my vehicle's issue won't be in the service center until this Friday. That'll take some stress off me with the busy schedule I had this week, but looks like I'm officially going to be 160+ days of waiting from my OD, after my initial delivery date was supposed to be 1/28. Gotta love it.

Here's to another few days of spending money on gas and putting miles on my Mazda 👍
You ever notice how you only have a 3 day window to pick up your car, but they keep rescheduling that outside that 3 day window.

Spoiler Alert, I have placed the order, hopefully I can return the other wheels, they don’t seem to respond in time
If not, I will post for sale
Lol, I like the looks of these better too and the reviews I’ve managed to find have been positive. Had I known of their existence when I configured my Y I might have gone with the 19s. Good luck with the return!

You ever notice how you only have a 3 day window to pick up your car, but they keep rescheduling that outside that 3 day window.
Yep! They're not making it easy on us one bit.

Another thing, the Tesla rep asked me if I wanted to drop off my cashier's check to the service center today, just in case my vehicle somehow was able to be delivered earlier than Sunday (aka when I wouldn't be home), and I basically said there's no way I'm giving Tesla any more money until my vehicle is physically in front of me, for my final inspection. The audacity to even suggest that to me 😂

Just picked up Schneeball (snowball in German)! I have not found any issues other than the driver side doors a bit hard to close. They were able to book a service appointment right away to swap the winter tires (which is great as we are going to have some snow for the next days) and check the doors.
I guess it was meant to be, look at the delivery date/time:
093C78D6-CDCF-4855-8F2A-27D54672DF61.jpeg

Guys, kidding aside, this forum made me feel a lot better about my Tesla experience, a great place to ask questions and share war stories. Thanks for your support!
For those who don’t have their cars yet, yes it sucks, you feel like it is personal, but once you get the car you “kind of” forget about it.
Even my wife likes the car, phew! Now I’m just going to enjoy a bottle of wine with “the boss” and relax! I’ll add pictures later, but it is “just” a vanilla Y, nothing added other than snow tire package.

Just picked up Schneeball (snowball in German)! I have not found any issues other than the driver side doors a bit hard to close. They were able to book a service appointment right away to swap the winter tires (which is great as we are going to have some snow for the next days) and check the doors.
I guess it was meant to be, look at the delivery date/time:
View attachment 764162

Guys, kidding aside, this forum made me feel a lot better about my Tesla experience, a great place to ask questions and share war stories. Thanks for your support!
For those who don’t have their cars yet, yes it sucks, you feel like it is personal, but once you get the car you “kind of” forget about it.
Even my wife likes the car, phew! Now I’m just going to enjoy a bottle of wine with “the boss” and relax! I’ll add pictures later, but it is “just” a vanilla Y, nothing added other than snow tire package.
Awesome! Congrats! That delivery time and date will always be memorable! It seems like some of those door issues seem to resolve themselves over time, from what I've read, but always good to get the professional opinion (on top of the opinion of said person still waiting on their car 😂).

@samori01 Is your order coming to Brentwood? I placed my order in person there, before there was a service center in Knoxville. I called them yesterday and the SA I spoke said they were only receiving MYP and that they hadn't had MYLR in weeks.
Mine is supposed to be at Brentwood on the 10th or 11th.

My delivery day was supposed to be today, but due to inclement weather got a call yesterday, if I wanted to pickup. Instantly said yes and got the car. Yet to drive around, but looks great and excited.
Hopefully soon everyone gets there order in orderly manner
Congrats on the new ride! Quick question, I am in a similar boat in regards to the charger being mounted in the wall closest to the passenger side, opposite of the charging port. I did not want to run conduit across to the other side for cost and aesethtic reasons. You will have to let me about your experience with your wall charger location.

I placed an order for a Model Y LR in blue with white seats and a trailer hitch on 1/16. That all said my original message stated that the estimated delivery was August 2022, then changed to a more specific delivery of Estimated Delivery: May 08 - June 05 about a week ago and now is back to the more vague August 2022. Is anyone else experiencing this and wondering if this is typical until it gets closer to the delivery date? Thanks.

I placed an order for a Model Y LR in blue with white seats and a trailer hitch on 1/16. That all said my original message stated that the estimated delivery was August 2022, then changed to a more specific delivery of Estimated Delivery: May 08 - June 05 about a week ago and now is back to the more vague August 2022. Is anyone else experiencing this and wondering if this is typical until it gets closer to the delivery date? Thanks.
These dates do jump around.

You might want to put your question into the January 22 orders group.

That's where people with your order date discuss these things.
This thread is primarily for folks who ordered in August 21. You are welcome to review our experiences, though! Might be informative.

Congrats on the new ride! Quick question, I am in a similar boat in regards to the charger being mounted in the wall closest to the passenger side, opposite of the charging port. I did not want to run conduit across to the other side for cost and aesethtic reasons. You will have to let me about your experience with your wall charger location.
Yesterday night I charged and since I had enough length didn't have any issue. Previously I had i3 and which I had to charge every day, for Y I might just need to charge weekly or biweekly

Reactions: Firocity