Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My date is July 18- September 12. Ordered 8/31/21. I called Tesla and they confirmed nothing missing on my account to hold things up

How long before Tesla's standardized response is, "your profile looks good and everything is complete. The only thing missing that's preventing your order from being fulfilled in the next 6-9 months is FSD."

How long before Tesla's standardized response is, "your profile looks good and everything is complete. The only thing missing that's preventing your order from being fulfilled in the next 6-9 months is FSD."
Right, and then the give you this big range that changes but when it gets close they give you a 3 day window.I live in the middle of Wisconsin (Wausau) and i could have other commitments - I asked is there any leeway - they said not normally but i may be able to convince them to give me an extra day. I will be picking up in Chicago - 5 hour drive each way and just can’t leave my job as a physicIan to run and pick up a car - certainly don’t want to get pushed back another 3 months or more. It is very frustrating.

Right, and then the give you this big range that changes but when it gets close they give you a 3 day window.I live in the middle of Wisconsin (Wausau) and i could have other commitments - I asked is there any leeway - they said not normally but i may be able to convince them to give me an extra day. I will be picking up in Chicago - 5 hour drive each way and just can’t leave my job as a physicIan to run and pick up a car - certainly don’t want to get pushed back another 3 months or more. It is very frustrating.
Offer to bring them 6 packs of Point and New Glarus I'm sure they'll work with you! ;)

Reactions: Electromotive
My OD is July 6, 2021 MYLR Blue/Black/Tow/No FSD. EDD of May 17 to June 14th moved today morning to June 8 to July 20. I will now get a medal from Tesla for patience as I will potentially cross the 365 day marker unless divine (God Elon Musk) decides otherwise. I see numerous EOQ pushes to customers in California who have all ordered later than me. Tried all types of escalations starting from customer service, writing to the Board of Directors ( I am a Tesla shareholder BTW). No impact or no response. It is a Tesla black hole with no redemption at all!!!
yikes. did you ever put on hold? is Plainsboro a remote area?

yikes. did you ever put on hold? is Plainsboro a remote area?
oh, I see you did not put on hold... trade-in? sometimes that holds it up. I have a quasi-unicorn 7 seater and was offered it in Dec before EOQ push but put on hold and then got car in Feb. I think big problem now is chip shortage! I remember Musky and others talking about it even before I got my car when I was wondering hmmm should I try and push off for the new battery...so glad I didn't!

oh, I see you did not put on hold... trade-in? sometimes that holds it up. I have a quasi-unicorn 7 seater and was offered it in Dec before EOQ push but put on hold and then got car in Feb. I think big problem now is chip shortage! I remember Musky and others talking about it even before I got my car when I was wondering hmmm should I try and push off for the new battery...so glad I didn't!
How are you loving the car?!

Zebel - same thing happened to me, would you mind sharing your PC date and spec?
OD: 8/24
PC: 8/25
Outside (non-Tesla) financing
White on white MYLR, no tow, no FSD, 19' wheels
Got a VIN in January, but rejected and put on hold, Removed hold in late January.
EDD went from June -> March 10-31 -> March 26 -April 6 -> now April 14 to May 12

Obviously Tesla is not "sold out" as the Youtubers like to advertise. They just prioritize cars with higher margins. I think they're not making much profit out of these base or near base models and specially those of us with pre-price hike order agreements. Therefore, they keep kicking the can down the road to either give us a rejected VIN from someone else or wait to assign a 4680 model, which has lower costs for them. That's my theory.

Reactions: afkY
OD: 8/24
PC: 8/25
Outside (non-Tesla) financing
White on white MYLR, no tow, no FSD, 19' wheels
Got a VIN in January, but rejected and put on hold, Removed hold in late January.
EDD went from June -> March 10-31 -> March 26 -April 6 -> now April 14 to May 12

Obviously Tesla is not "sold out" as the Youtubers like to advertise. They just prioritize cars with higher margins. I think they're not making much profit out of these base or near base models and specially those of us with pre-price hike order agreements. Therefore, they keep kicking the can down the road to either give us a rejected VIN from someone else or wait to assign a 4680 model, which has lower costs for them. That's my theory.
This makes a lot of sense. I’m OD 7/22, but completed sometime early September.

I’m the same spec but with 20 inch wheels. Oh well. Time to rent a car for another month.

Thanks for sharing though, makes me feel a little better that I’m not alone!

Reactions: Zebelkhan
Interesting info while you all are in the wait!...a perk update after software upgrade last night! ...heated windshield wipers it says!! I guess its a software thing and not something that had to be attached on the wiper at delivery? Seems a little bizarre, I just assumed I didn't have it!
(And for those with a keen eye, yes I still have my plastic film on my screen with the pink sticker in the corner...that's just how I roll...for a few more weeks/maybe months of the new car feel, heehee)
IMG_6013.jpeg

Move your pick up location to Libertyville and save 50 miles

After 220 days of waiting, I finally got VIN’d today!!! Once I got the VIN I got a flurry of calls from Tesla regarding delivery. Scheduled mine for this Saturday, so will update you all then. I was able to confirm on the AMD and heated wipers. My VIN is F411
Yeah!! Congrats!! I knew it had to be this month!

Reactions: AbuEGnP23