Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dang I was hoping that your Y was on that truck I saw heading N on I-5 through Wilsonville this past weekend.
So I was texting with my SA and he told me to ignore my date in the app and they believe the car is still coming this month. Not sure what to believe. It's just amazing how inaccurate of a system Tesla has.

So I was texting with my SA and he told me to ignore my date in the app and they believe the car is still coming this month. Not sure what to believe. It's just amazing how inaccurate of a system Tesla has.
I have heard the very same line several times from my SA (same SA? Lol). Most recent was the insistence on the "any day now" which I found initially hopeful but as the "days" have ticked down to the start of my EDD window doesn't make too much sense anymore.

I have heard the very same line several times from my SA (same SA? Lol). Most recent was the insistence on the "any day now" which I found initially hopeful but as the "days" have ticked down to the start of my EDD window doesn't make too much sense anymore.
I love how they always say they can't see any more information than what we see in the app, and yet they know that the car is coming at a different time than our EDD. Might have the same SA though lol

Last edited:
Why is everyone freaking out about the charger? Whenever Tesla makes changes it is for new orders and going forward (except if beneficial to old orders such as price drops).
Your car will come with a charger people
With some exceptions (radar), yes. And it looks like they have committed to providing chargers for anyone who has already ordered. That should be everyone in this thread still waiting.

But regardless of commitments, there appear to be supply chain issues, and chargers might be a bottleneck right now. I wonder if some of the delivery delay we are seeing is due to lack of chargers. Would anyone take their car sooner if they were offered it without a charger? I would not have.

With some exceptions (radar), yes. And it looks like they have committed to providing chargers for anyone who has already ordered. That should be everyone in this thread still waiting.

But regardless of commitments, there appear to be supply chain issues, and chargers might be a bottleneck right now. I wonder if some of the delivery delay we are seeing is due to lack of chargers. Would anyone take their car sooner if they were offered it without a charger? I would not have.
If they promised to deliver at a later date or provided $200 credit to Tesla shop so that I may order one when it comes back in stock. I would.

As @Firocity said, I would take delivery as long as they sent me one when it came into stock. I would borrow one from my Brother-In-Law or my Friends son and his wife have 2 brand new MY and pretty sure they wont use both.

Reactions: DrGriz
Getting the car now without a charger and a $400 credit works for me :) I had a 14-50 50-AMP plug installed when I had my 2019 Model 3 and could never get it above 33A with the charger that came with the car. Tesla included the 14-50 plug at the time. Buying a Grizzl-E charger and have it set to 40 amps would be the way I would go.

Reactions: DrGriz