Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 highland accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That seems to do as intended. All go smoothly? Happy with the result?
Yeah its all easy enough to get too… but… the power cable has a fork connector and our batteries dont have a lug to slide it under so i recrimped an eyelet onto the wire and used a computer case screwe to test fit it. Then that interfered with the cover which i wasnt happy about.
Even tho i marked the bolts i couldnt get the bonnet to sit flush on close. I got it pretty close but that needs tweaking.
I took it back out and everything lines up so ill give it another go when im less tired.
I also want to find my amp meter to check for drain before committing permanent

IMG_8940.jpeg
IMG_8942.jpeg
IMG_8937.jpeg

Yeah its all easy enough to get too… but… the power cable has a fork connector and our batteries dont have a lug to slide it under so i recrimped an eyelet onto the wire and used a computer case screwe to test fit it. Then that interfered with the cover which i wasnt happy about.
Even tho i marked the bolts i couldnt get the bonnet to sit flush on close. I got it pretty close but that needs tweaking.
I took it back out and everything lines up so ill give it another go when im less tired.
I also want to find my amp meter to check for drain before committing permanent

View attachment 1016740View attachment 1016741View attachment 1016742

Hmmm. Photo below (from this vid:
) seems to suggest there's a nut/bolt at the top of that fork. Looks like they have added that on and just discarded the cover...

1707450368120.png

Reactions: dronus
Hmmm. Photo below (from this vid:
) seems to suggest there's a nut/bolt at the top of that fork. Looks like they have added that on and just discarded the cover...

View attachment 1016750
yeah you could quite easily do that. would be like a m3 or so to fit in the slot (its pretty small). A good stainless bolt and locknut would be ideal.

When you go to do it, the passenger side mounting bolt on mine was marked with paintpen to line it up, but id suggest making your own markings with the factory alignment to save some time.

The new motor just fits over the old one, really easy.. take that into account when marking (i didnt)

• Helpful
Reactions: richardnau
Got umbrella from Halo BLK delivered. I understand why those guys have kind of cult here. Quality is definitely outstanding. Funny story they sent an USB hub as a present, but it's not compatible with Highland 😁. So anyone after half price hub for you pre-Highland Model 3? View attachment 1016772
View attachment 1016773

View attachment 1016774View attachment 1016775View attachment 1016776View attachment 1016777
I see you have the South Australian Worksafe foot wear aswell, and the obligatory Pet photo bomber hahaha.

That looks really good, easy to use and store too.

Reactions: AlexPotter
@Mes1 - I'm getting my Blue highland in a few weeks and yours looks amazing. Can I ask exactly what Ceramic coating and tint package that is? And what level of darkness?

I'm not far from Thornleigh so should be nice and easy!
Hey mate, thank you, And congrats on yours!.. I got the graphene Coating package with darkest legal tint so 20% rear and rear windows and 35% front side windows.
Plus they included Interior trim dash carpet protection in package

Reactions: FilthyCyberRat