Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 highland accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can’t remember everyone that I have spoken too about this but if anyone is looking for an Electrician to install EV charging equipment in the SOUTHERN suburbs of Adelaide shoot me a private message on here and I’ll forward you some contact details.
It’s not me, but a friend who has done a few now and is keen to take on more installs.

Front air vent and AC vent grills turned up today.
Well packed and actually feel really solid.
I’ll give the car a clean tomorrow and install them.

IMG_9777.jpeg
IMG_9778.jpeg
IMG_9779.jpeg

Ok so I’ve fit the air intake filters and I’m pretty happy with the process and how they turned out. Thought I’d document it incase anyone is thinking about it also.

Front grille before photos

IMG_9789.jpeg
IMG_9790.jpeg
IMG_9791.jpeg

First step is to clean the area and use something to pick any leaves and pubes that have gathered behind the grille.

Second step is to assemble the two halves of the frame, remove the double sided tape backing and fit the frame.
There are clips that push in to clip over the existing louvre and upright. It all snaps into place tightly. Press on the areas that had the tape to affix to the sides.

IMG_9792.jpeg

IMG_9793.jpeg

IMG_9795.jpeg

Then the removable grill just snaps in to place. Jobs done
IMG_9796.jpeg

IMG_9797.jpeg

Next on my list was to put the clip on filter onto the AC inlet. I had been getting leaves and pubes everywhere so this should stop them getting into the inlet. The filter just clips over the inlet, easy as.

Before
IMG_9798.jpeg

After

IMG_9799.jpeg

Oh let’s me see what accessories I got:
-valve caps
-center caps
-lug nut caps
-rim protectors
-frunk sound insulation
-roof rubber seal
-frunk pad
-frunk liner
-trunk pad
-trunk hook
-hood sticker
-side stickers
-rear bumper sticker
-Tesla decals
-Ev stickers
-floor mats
-red leather seat covers
-rear view mirror trim
-center display trim
-wireless charging pad cvr
-usb drive
-usb led light
-ambient lighting strip
-Tesla led sign
-hoodie, shirt & jacket
-secret console drawer
-console slide drawer
-sentry mode stickers
-dash board cover
-steering wheel cover
-steering wheel decals
-Tesla banner
-display cover
-Tesla patch
-drivers pillow
-charge port sticker

I’m think I have more but I can’t remember.

• Funny
Reactions: PcS000 and dronus
Looks like it could restrict airflow a bit though, especially if it gets clogged up with dirt/guts on those tiny mesh holes. Solutions for leaves and bugs could cause a bigger issue to the cooling system working overdrive to cool down important parts of the car? Just a thought..

Reactions: dronus
Looks like it could restrict airflow a bit though, especially if it gets clogged up with dirt/guts on those tiny mesh holes. Solutions for leaves and bugs could cause a bigger issue to the cooling system working overdrive to cool down important parts of the car? Just a thought..
Yeah I thought about that too but was reading some posts from our US friends on here who were saying that their radiators get clogged up with mud and sand and snow. They have to take the car in to service to get it flushed, these are removable screens so I can just unclip them and hit them with the hose.
There are bypass vents off to the side that are at right angles that are wide open for air if the front gets restricted.

Reactions: PcS000
Oh let’s me see what accessories I got:
-valve caps
-center caps
-lug nut caps
-rim protectors
-frunk sound insulation
-roof rubber seal
-frunk pad
-frunk liner
-trunk pad
-trunk hook
-hood sticker
-side stickers
-rear bumper sticker
-Tesla decals
-Ev stickers
-floor mats
-red leather seat covers
-rear view mirror trim
-center display trim
-wireless charging pad cvr
-usb drive
-usb led light
-ambient lighting strip
-Tesla led sign
-hoodie, shirt & jacket
-secret console drawer
-console slide drawer
-sentry mode stickers
-dash board cover
-steering wheel cover
-steering wheel decals
-Tesla banner
-display cover
-Tesla patch
-drivers pillow
-charge port sticker

I’m think I have more but I can’t remember.
We could probably be founders of a aliexpress-Tesla support group hahaha

Reactions: MacTessy
My wife is very fair-skinned and concerned about exposure to sun through the glass roof.

I bought a nice-looking set of sun shades from Teslaunch - these ones: 2024 Model 3 Highland Upgrade Built-In Reflective Sunroof Ice Crystal + Suede Double Insulation Sunroof Sunshade For Tesla

The 'suede' does look very nice, and the colour match with the car's upper linings is good. But it doesn't fit.

The front is ok:

1711187065793.jpeg

But the back edge of the sun shade is too wide and bows out when installed:

1711187146910.jpeg

Supplier accepts that there is a problem but seems less than interested in making it right. So far, they have offered me 70% refund. Needless to say, I'm not having something that looks like that in my new car and I'm insisting on 100%. It's a fight that I shouldn't need to have. If supplier doesn't come to the party, I'm sure my credit card company will.

So, two lessons for the group:

1. don't buy this product
  2. don't buy from this company.
I've ordered something from Amazon Au to replace it. At least there will be no quibbles returning item to Amazon if it doesn't fit.

Interesting side-note: apparently there is a difference between cars made in USA and cars made in Shanghai so far as sun shade fitment is concerned. The Jowua site offers separate products with fitment clearly noted:

1711187421154.png

I suspect that this is something some manufacturers are only now figuring out.

Reactions: PcS000 and dronus
My wife is very fair-skinned and concerned about exposure to sun through the glass roof.

I bought a nice-looking set of sun shades from Teslaunch - these ones: 2024 Model 3 Highland Upgrade Built-In Reflective Sunroof Ice Crystal + Suede Double Insulation Sunroof Sunshade For Tesla

The 'suede' does look very nice, and the colour match with the car's upper linings is good. But it doesn't fit.

The front is ok:

View attachment 1030983

But the back edge of the sun shade is too wide and bows out when installed:

View attachment 1030984

Supplier accepts that there is a problem but seems less than interested in making it right. So far, they have offered me 70% refund. Needless to say, I'm not having something that looks like that in my new car and I'm insisting on 100%. It's a fight that I shouldn't need to have. If supplier doesn't come to the party, I'm sure my credit card company will.

So, two lessons for the group:

1. don't buy this product
  2. don't buy from this company.
I've ordered something from Amazon Au to replace it. At least there will be no quibbles returning item to Amazon if it doesn't fit.

Interesting side-note: apparently there is a difference between cars made in USA and cars made in Shanghai so far as sun shade fitment is concerned. The Jowua site offers separate products with fitment clearly noted:

View attachment 1030989

I suspect that this is something some manufacturers are only now figuring out.
Bugga. Hope you get it sorted.

I bought mine from myteslaaccessories up in QLD and they fit perfect.

I’ve taken them out now and put them back in their bag as the weather cools down.