Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 highland accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife is very fair-skinned and concerned about exposure to sun through the glass roof.

I bought a nice-looking set of sun shades from Teslaunch - these ones: 2024 Model 3 Highland Upgrade Built-In Reflective Sunroof Ice Crystal + Suede Double Insulation Sunroof Sunshade For Tesla

The 'suede' does look very nice, and the colour match with the car's upper linings is good. But it doesn't fit.

The front is ok:

View attachment 1030983

But the back edge of the sun shade is too wide and bows out when installed:

View attachment 1030984

Supplier accepts that there is a problem but seems less than interested in making it right. So far, they have offered me 70% refund. Needless to say, I'm not having something that looks like that in my new car and I'm insisting on 100%. It's a fight that I shouldn't need to have. If supplier doesn't come to the party, I'm sure my credit card company will.

So, two lessons for the group:

1. don't buy this product
  2. don't buy from this company.
I've ordered something from Amazon Au to replace it. At least there will be no quibbles returning item to Amazon if it doesn't fit.

Interesting side-note: apparently there is a difference between cars made in USA and cars made in Shanghai so far as sun shade fitment is concerned. The Jowua site offers separate products with fitment clearly noted:

View attachment 1030989

I suspect that this is something some manufacturers are only now figuring out.
The ones I purchased from Tessories also bow like this, although they didnt start to bow until after a few weeks of being installed. The front one bows more than the rear and on a hot day they seem to take shape and fit as they should. On a cooler day they just dont fit correctly. I took them off for now as it really annoys me.

Will look at getting some better quality ones next summer.

i was against getting them but now seeing as days are so hot I feel the radiant heat coming through a lot and even turning aircond on I feel the radiant heat coming through more than the aircon unless I really blast it

So thinking of getting the shades too just to use till weather cools down again. So the Halo blk ones are the ones to go for, or any other suggestions for cheaper but still work well?

I'd probably just use the front roof shade, as the rear since its tinted 20% with Xpel XR on top of the standard tesla tint isn't as bad, passengers in rear don't complain

So the Halo blk ones are the ones to go for, or any other suggestions for cheaper but still work well?
Definitely cheaper options out there but if you want quality imo haloblk are the way to go

You can use the code facebook10 for further discount.

Oh let’s me see what accessories I got:
-valve caps
-center caps
-lug nut caps
-rim protectors
-frunk sound insulation
-roof rubber seal
-frunk pad
-frunk liner
-trunk pad
-trunk hook
-hood sticker
-side stickers
-rear bumper sticker
-Tesla decals
-Ev stickers
-floor mats
-red leather seat covers
-rear view mirror trim
-center display trim
-wireless charging pad cvr
-usb drive
-usb led light
-ambient lighting strip
-Tesla led sign
-hoodie, shirt & jacket
-secret console drawer
-console slide drawer
-sentry mode stickers
-dash board cover
-steering wheel cover
-steering wheel decals
-Tesla banner
-display cover
-Tesla patch
-drivers pillow
-charge port sticker

I’m think I have more but I can’t remember.
Oh and a Tesla phone case

Thanks guys, so now to decide black or beige? do I match the rest of the interior with beige or have it black so it looks similar to that of a night sky looking through the glass

arghh decisions
I went beige to match the roof. Until recently when i took them out a friend didn't know i had a sunroof.

Im like yeah... explains the whole glass roof thing.. haha dufus...

Reactions: Mes1
One step closer @Murphster

IMG_4079.png