Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autel Maxicharger suddenly gives ground fault. Strange fix!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been successfully using my new Autel Maxi charger for three weeks to charge my model 3. Hardwired and set to 40amps max on a 50amp breaker.

Last night‘s scheduled charge never happened as when I checked it this morning the Autel app showed a fault. It was listed as a CP Voltage Abnormal/grounded (#10). Tried it multiple times again after breaker cycle, checking wire connections to no avail. As soon as I plug it into Model 3 a fault occurs in the charger with yellow light.

After speaking to call center they insisted it had to be a wiring problem. I was even beginning to suspect my main panel grounding as my soil is very sandy and it has been dry here.

But there is a button in the App which says “Factory Reset” which clears all registration information and internet connection. I did this, took about 2 minutes of flashing lights and restart. Plugged into car and worked just like it did before Charging at 32amps. The only difference now is that it is a “dumb” charger not connected to interne, therefore no App with charging stats and no connectivity to Autel.

Strange how this corrected the “wiring issue”. Just wondering how much I would have spent on electrician if I didn’t try the simple factory reset!!!

After this charge is complete I will reconnect it to internet and my Autel account to see if fault re-emerges.

Thanks for reading my first post. I hope it helps someone.

Attachments

• IMG_6664.png
    IMG_6664.png
    215 KB · Views: 71