Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Express Rigs Test Between Tesla Model S P85D and Porsche Panamera Turbo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you ridden in a Panamera Turbo using launch control? It is a really violent experience; it feels like getting hit from behind by a truck.

I haven't driven or even ridden in the Panamera Turbo back-to-back with the P85D, but I have no trouble believing that (using launch control) the Panamera is just as quick or quicker off the line than the Tesla.

The Tesla's instant torque is amazing, but there's no reason to think it will always be faster off the line than every other car out there.
The Panamera will have a 0-60 around 3.6secs, the P85D is 3.1, so no the Panamera is not close to being as quick as the P85D off the line.

As others have written, P85D has consistently run 0-60 in 3.1 to 3.2. Over 90% SOC I believe. As you can see in the Auto Express video, the Tesla is only charged to 65%. 3.6 sec makes sense in that case. To be fair though, if Porsche uses launch control, then Tesla should at least be allowed to be fully charged. But then tesla would win and the rigging wouldn't work out :)