Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointed with Tesla Service regarding Rear cellphone wireless charger, Yoke turn signal issues on Model S Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brought the car in today for service in Lake Forest, CA. The car’s rear seat wireless charger intermittently charges the phone: ie., you need to reposition the cellphone in order to begin charging.

I have an iphone 14 pro. No issues when being charged on the front seat wireless charger. Less finicky when we tried the SA’s bigger iPhone Pro Max cellphone. The explanation the service advisor gave was this is normal and within the design specs of the car. In some ways, it seems like it, because we tried it on another Plaid there and the results were the same as my car’s issue.

However, I’m not fully sold on that explanation. When you have to constantly adjust your cellphone’s placement on the wireless charger in order for it to work, that is not considered normal or within specs. Can you imagine what will happen to your phone charging session once the car gets moving, accelerates or brakes, does sharp turnd, etc. That is plain defective in my books.

Are we looking at a mass factory defect on Model S rear wireless charger? My advice to Tesla Model S refresh model: try to seat in the back and use the onboard wireless charger for rear passengers. See if yours work fine.

Regarding the left turn signal issue on the yoke where you have to almost triple the pressure when pressing it relatively when compared with the right turn signal and other capacitive buttons in the yoke, it was literally pulling teeth to convince the SA that it is not normal. This SA, his name is Joey, gave me a bunch of shallow reasons as to why it’s considered normal, ie., it is near the edge of the plate therefore more pressure is needed to activate it, or just because you have to press it harder relative to the right turn button to operate doesn’t mean it is defective because it works anyway. Even on a $25k car, that is not normal. Exasperating! This guy is from another planet. I had to ask him to get me another SA. It was another teeth pulling with the second SA but because the exchange was more reasonable, he shall remain unnamed. My car is still in the shop.

Now get this: because my SA later asked Joey to get me a loaner car, he gave me a Model 3 Standard Range Plus. Lol 😂 No problem there, just a little surprised. Anyway, what Joey didn’t know was I overheard the conversation when my SA asked him next office to prepare the Model X in the lot to loan me and Joey said, “No, I have already prepared another car for him”. I’ve had a Model S P85D prior to the Plaid and Ive always had an S as loaners in the past.

Last edited: