TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Auto High beam stopped working?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by paulvinh, Sep 4, 2018.

1. paulvinh

paulvinh Member

At some point within the last two updates my auto high beam stopped turning on. Normally when I drive down one of the streets near my house, it would turn on since there isnt much traffic there around. Anyone experiencing the same?

2. Marsnaut

Marsnaut Member

I think for the auto high beam, you need to turn on high beams manually first. Otherwise it thinks you want to use regular headlights.

3. TT97

TT97 Active Member

I have noticed the auto high beams don't stay permanently on anymore. I need to push the lever to set them to auto.

On the center screen, you will see a greyed out high beam indicator with an "A" showing the auto high beams are engaged.

• Like x 1
  4. Snow Drift

Snow Drift Slip Start: [Activated]

Per the Owner's Manual, the stalk has to always remain pushed towards the dash (as in, full time ON in an ICE).

Auto is activated but no light = Gray ///(A) on the screen

Auto is activated and lit = Blue ///(A) on the screen

Auto is Deactivated and lit = Blue ///(_) on the screen (just like on an ICE)

5. wbhokie

wbhokie Member

It's this way on the S too. you have to push it forward to ON, which actually is "Auto".

• Like x 1