Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone else's auto park also stopped working?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my model 3 now for a bit longer than 4 years. I have the option Auto Pilot + Auto Park. In the first few years auto park worked really well. Sometimes it managed to parkit in such a tight space that I was wondering if I would get it out again (it does not have Auto unpark). But since at least a year (maybe longer - at home I can park on my driveway) auto park stopped working.

When I slowly drive back it does register parking spaces most of the time. But when I choose to park there it starts enthusiastically but halfway the parking it just gives up. It failed 10 out of 10 in my last 10 attempts.

I always thought the park and options would get better over time with software updates and all but auto park simply stopped working for me.

Is there anyone else with the same problem. Does any of you know what to do?

I have my model 3 now for a bit longer than 4 years. I have the option Auto Pilot + Auto Park. In the first few years auto park worked really well. Sometimes it managed to parkit in such a tight space that I was wondering if I would get it out again (it does not have Auto unpark). But since at least a year (maybe longer - at home I can park on my driveway) auto park stopped working.

When I slowly drive back it does register parking spaces most of the time. But when I choose to park there it starts enthusiastically but halfway the parking it just gives up. It failed 10 out of 10 in my last 10 attempts.

I always thought the park and options would get better over time with software updates and all but auto park simply stopped working for me.

Is there anyone else with the same problem. Does any of you know what to do?
My 2018 Model 3 AutoParks quite well and it has since sometime in 2020. Prior to that it didn’t work…ever. But now is really nice, really reliable, and really accurate both for parallel and perpendicular parking. I attribute that to my radar and ultrasonic sensor suite performing as intended. I also stopped updating my car’s software last year just before TeslaVision came about and disabled radars on cars so equipped. If you’ve continued updates as they’ve been downloaded, you’ll likely not have AutoPark work until TV eventually reaches functional parity. And that may or may not ever happen.

Upvote 0