Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Open trunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TIP: The trunk is noticeably harder to close with the stronger struts+springs. However, as recommended on another thread, pressing your palm against the license plate to close the trunk helps mitigate this and is a great way to smoothly close the trunk with one fluid, elegant motion and without having to reach way up on the trunk lid or pull down on the inside hand grips and it has the added benefit of not getting fingerprints on the paint!

New "Auto Trunk Opening Issue": I installed struts with springs and washers as described previously and everything worked perfectly. I then put on a spoiler. Because of the added weight, the trunk only opens 6" or so, probably because of the springs. I need to install stronger struts. Anybody have an idea what size struts I need. The spoiler is not carbon fiber, and since it's installed, I can't weight it. Thoughts?????

New "Auto Trunk Opening Issue": I installed struts with springs and washers as described previously and everything worked perfectly. I then put on a spoiler. Because of the added weight, the trunk only opens 6" or so, probably because of the springs. I need to install stronger struts. Anybody have an idea what size struts I need. The spoiler is not carbon fiber, and since it's installed, I can't weight it. Thoughts?????

@Radlaw,

Which spoiler did you install? CF OEM?

Ski