Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Park not working!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so I picked up my new model 3 with full autopilot yesterday and I love it! I have been using the autopilot everywhere and works very well. But my auto park is not working. I tried going to a parking lot this morning and the P never showed up.

Overnight it download the 2019.40.2.

Am i doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Ok, so I picked up my new model 3 with full autopilot yesterday and I love it! I have been using the autopilot everywhere and works very well. But my auto park is not working. I tried going to a parking lot this morning and the P never showed up.

Overnight it download the 2019.40.2.

Am i doing something wrong or is this a bug?

What did you actually try to do to use the feature? If you followed all the instructions in the manual for it, and just want some pointers...

1. you have to drive at a pretty low speed past the cars you are trying to use auto park between
2. it only works between 2 cars, either parallel parking between two cars on the street, or between 2 cars in a parking space
3. Parking space can NOT be one of the diagonal spaces.. it MUST be a straight space, not diagonal.
4. You have to drive closer to the parked cars than you would to park yourself, AND you have to drive father past the space than you think you would. the car only backs into spaces, and only does a 3 point back into a parking space (pulling backwards toward one of the cars its between, getting VERY close to that car, stopping, pulling forward to straighten out, then backing into the space.

If you havent read the manual, and are not normally a "read the manual" type person for your cars, I highly suggest you change that for this particular car. There is quite a bit different with this car vs others you might have owned, and most of it is covered in the manual. The manual is on the screen in the car, and also available as a PDF download in your tesla account.

If you have questions on features etc or dont understand what the manual says about something, this forum is full of helpful people who will help you figure it out... but its best to start with a common understanding which is the manual.

Welcome to tesla ownership!

Reactions: Matsayz
Same problem on my 2019 MX. I found I need to be close enough to the line of cars for the side sensors to be visible on the avatar/car before it will pick up the the space and give me the "P" symbol. As noted above, go further past the space than you would think and then try it.