Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

fklarmeyer

Supporting Member
Sep 28, 2022
Nine Mile Falls
I am frustrated with auto pilot and full self driving following too closely. Particularly true behind large truck that grows up rocks had windshield Broken several times. I can’t seem to adjust the distance beyond the two second rule and there’s no way to increase the distance on the full self driving unless I turn it off.

anyone know how to contact Tesla engineering to ask for a feature to increase your following distance beyond two seconds?

Reactions: beachmiles
I adjust my speed in order to maintain an adequate/generous follow distance. Have you tried this?

A larger max follow distance has been requested many times already. There is no way for mere mortals to contact Tesla engineering directly. AFAIK, replying on X, posting here, or commenting on certain YT channels are the best ways to let your feelings be known. Believe it or not, I think Tesla does a good job listening to user feedback even though they don't always heed it.

I imagine Tesla will eventually get around to making FSD work well in rural America but it's not high on their priority list. Rightly so. They are better off focusing on the coasts where there are many more people combined with much higher rates of Tesla adoption.

Upvote 0