Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Steer Saved The Day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With all of the negative comments about auto steer, I thought I'd post something positive. Attached video shows what happened however it doesn't do justice to the reaction of the car to an intrusion in it's space. As you'll see we're in the leftmost lane, I signaled to change into the next lane to the right. The car began the lane change and about half way through it suddenly "snapped" back towards the original lane. Me, thinking I'm smarter than the car, thought it was another example of the car making a mistake or aborting a lane change. NO. In fact there was a car intruding into the lane coming from behind at a high rate of speed weaving in and out of traffic. In spite of me interrupting the aborted lane change, the fact the car tried to abort left enough room for the idiot to get through. The remainder of the video clearly shows the way he was driving. A still frame shows it to be a Nissan loaner and the plate is obvious, I intend to report it to the Nissan dealerships as well.

Thank you Tesla! Good save.