Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto wipes actually work in V9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in NJ area and even in V9 (44.2 now) I still think I need to increase the sensitivity. I'm mostly driving in the rain in the dark, though even during the day it's often not enough. The rain is often not heavy and as a result the wipers don't turn on at all or only occasionally.

Reactions: fiatlux
I'm in NJ area and even in V9 (44.2 now) I still think I need to increase the sensitivity. I'm mostly driving in the rain in the dark, though even during the day it's often not enough. The rain is often not heavy and as a result the wipers don't turn on at all or only occasionally.
I completely agree with this. live here in the NW (oregon) and auto wipers are not keeping up. At least 2 sensitivities levels like S & X would be nice!

Reactions: fiatlux
I completely agree with this. live here in the NW (oregon) and auto wipers are not keeping up. At least 2 sensitivities levels like S & X would be nice!

Model 3 chose to use software for the auto wiper function rather than using the $1 sensor that's used in the S and X. As my son's soccer coach likes to say "you get what you get".

If enough people complain about it Tesla will probably (grudgingly) include a sensor that does the job in the next version of the 3.

Reactions: JES2 and fiatlux
Model 3 chose to use software for the auto wiper function rather than using the $1 sensor that's used in the S and X. As my son's soccer coach likes to say "you get what you get".

If enough people complain about it Tesla will probably (grudgingly) include a sensor that does the job in the next version of the 3.

I don’t think a new sensor is needed just software update to allow for multiple sensitivity settings.

Reactions: JES2 and fiatlux
I don’t think a new sensor is needed just software update to allow for multiple sensitivity settings.

I'm not saying a new sensor, I'm saying it needs a FIRST sensor. It has no sensor. It uses artificial intelligence and the camera to figure out if it's raining. I suppose some "sensitivity level" could be incorporated into the process that detects if it thinks it is raining but it will likely never be as good as what can be accomplished with a cheap moisture hardware sensor.

Reactions: JES2