Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automated wash service and Aero wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any good, quick automated wash services in the Natick, Wellesley, Framingham area for the Model 3?

Personally, I don’t really worry about touch vs touch-less systems for the paint etc. My biggest worry is the rails of these systems damaging the Aero caps. I don’t want to be in the business of removing the caps before the wash and put them back on after. I just need something good, quick, and painless

Any suggestions?

I use the Choice Car Wash in Southborough for both of my cars. It's got no rails (the car is stationary). The touch-less, like most such systems, does a mediocre job of cleaning the car. It's better than not washing it (and I'm not hand washing it in the New England winter.

Any good, quick automated wash services in the Natick, Wellesley, Framingham area for the Model 3?

Personally, I don’t really worry about touch vs touch-less systems for the paint etc. My biggest worry is the rails of these systems damaging the Aero caps. I don’t want to be in the business of removing the caps before the wash and put them back on after. I just need something good, quick, and painless

Any suggestions?

I just finally "bit the bullet" and put it through the automated wash. Used the nearest on to which I've been many times.

Car looked fine afterwards, the salt damage would surely have been more than the wash damage. As to aero wheel caps, any reason to think they will fall off? Hub caps are nothing special to Teslas.

The car did shift from Neutral into park just before the wash started and I got yelled at, but went through ok.