Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automatic door close skipped?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for your reply. Actually I was driving in and out of my garage. Sometimes it worked as programmed sometimes it did not as that "skip automatic door" appeared under Home on screen. Just happened lately and I am wondering the latest software updates have anything to do with it?? Not the big issue but it's annoying as I have to touch Home to open or close!!!

Hi Angela47,

If you have the door in question programmed to "open" within xx feet on arriving,
it will always ask if you want to "skip automatic door" or not open when you approach.
If it is programmed OK this message always pops up - you ignore it and the door opens...

If you have the door programmed but not set to "open on approach" you will always
have to touch the button to open the door.

If it works differently than this you may need to see your service center or mobile service...

Good Luck,

Shawn

Hi Shawn:

Thanks so much for your informative response.
As skip automatic door appeared I ignored it but it did not open so I manually open it !!!! Will contact mobile service as today it also showed additional door open in 5 feet while my programs still indicates 20 feet lol!!
Thanks again.

Angela

Hi Angela47,

Mobile service will take good care of you - They are the best!!!

You might want to try setting your door open further away...
I have mine set to 70 feet. The "newer" garage doors are so slow to be safe,
I still have to wait for it to crawl open after it started from 70 feet away.

Shawn

Sounds Iike you are shifting BEFORE you use your garage door opener.
Try this sequence:
1. Tap screen to open garage door.
2. Then put car in gear
3. Pull out of garage and watch the distance countdown to auto closing the door.

I found that when I shift to move the car first before engaging my garage door, that’s when I’ll get the pop up of turning off auto close.

Personally I turn off auto door close. Too many incidents of people backing the car in and it taking a couple of tries and the door closing on the car. Or people backing out and then pulling forward to get something the kids forgot and the door closing on the car.

Auto open I am OK with, but not auto close