Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automatically set suspension to high when parking.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When parking a model S frequently the front undercarriage comes into contact with the curb if you are doing pull in parking. I believe a great feature would be to have a setting that says when you are parking automatically raise the suspension to the highest setting so you don't scrape curbs. What is the best way to make this request as a suggestion?

That's what smart air suspension does, it automatically raises your car when you get to locations you have set to raise the suspension. I assume your car doesn't have that. Or just don't pull into the parking spot so far that your contact the curb.

Be aware. Just because you raise the car before you park, the car can settle while it's parked. This is especially the case if there is any minor air leaks in the air suspension. I've seen many posts through the years of people complaining of bumper rubbing, or worse yet, having the bumper pulled all the way off when they went to back out of a space and the front of the car had settled down onto the top of the curb or parking block.

Be aware. Just because you raise the car before you park, the car can settle while it's parked. This is especially the case if there is any minor air leaks in the air suspension. I've seen many posts through the years of people complaining of bumper rubbing, or worse yet, having the bumper pulled all the way off when they went to back out of a space and the front of the car had settled down onto the top of the curb or parking block.
In addition, the car would have no idea if you're parking or just coming to a stop for a traffic light. A front camera would be more useful to avoid curbs.

A potentially useful, free feature would be to have the car auto raise to its highest setting after you've put the car in park. This has nothing to do with protecting you from curbs, but it does make ingress/egress a bit easier, and some vehicles already adjust like this.