Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

autopark disabled when raining, while driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ngng

Jul 23, 2018
Bay Area
first big rain of the year. noticed while i was driving i would get a warning on my dash telling me autopark is disabled. makes sense if i am in reverse, but it persisted my entire drive. super annoying. is this abnormal?

Does it say "autopark is disabled" or "park assist unavailable"? If the latter, it seems some people on some versions have been experiencing that for some time. I couldn't remember what thread the discussion took place in when you asked, but I think I stumbled across it:
Model X seemingly bricked—black screens all around, reboots don’t work

Not the main topic of the thread, but mentioned quite a bit in there. I had it happen to me one time for a good portion of more than one drive with the alarms, but then it went away. It wasn't raining that day, and I hadn't recently updated (or ignored updates) prior to the event and didn't have a new update available too soon after the event.

Last edited:
ok, good to know it's not a rain issue. we don't get rain often in CA, and when it does rain...teslas seem to explode and bumpers get ripped off while driving through puddles. because, you know, designed in CA lol

this must have come up with my most decent minor firmware update then