Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoPark

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've never once see the (P) light up on my dash during the AutoPilot trial. Granted parallel parking is really rare here, I read the owner's manual and it said it would actually park in a perpendicular spot also. Has anyone ever got that to work? I know all of my sensors are working since I use the park distance control on a daily basis all around the car.

I drove around slow rolling a bunch of spots today to see if it would ever light up and it never did. Got some weird looks from people, it probably looked like I was profiling the place.

Regarding free supercharging, I was under the impression that was somehow linked to a referral from a current Tesla owner, which would also confer benefits to him/her. Dunno if you're too late to activate that bennie, but if you aren't, I've got a referral I can't use (not gonna get the Performance option) so feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to pass it on. Current owners can pass out five referrals. Dunno what they get but what do I (you) care?

I've never once see the (P) light up on my dash during the AutoPilot trial. Granted parallel parking is really rare here, I read the owner's manual and it said it would actually park in a perpendicular spot also. Has anyone ever got that to work? I know all of my sensors are working since I use the park distance control on a daily basis all around the car.

I drove around slow rolling a bunch of spots today to see if it would ever light up and it never did. Got some weird looks from people, it probably looked like I was profiling the place.

The "P” lights up when you put it in reverse if it recognizes the spot.

It'll be there in drive too but it's greyed out & subtle until you put it in reverse so you have to be watching it.

True, but the display needs to be with the overhead of the car and if you are driving around in a parking lot or street, it will typically stay on the "real-time visualization of the road." If the poster was driving around without the (P) lighting ever, my guess is that the car was not showing the correct screen.