Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot capability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me in a motorway/DC traffic jam or in heavy traffic at say 50mph where lane discipline is shot anyway, the computer is already perhaps better suited to the job than a human because it's about constant monitoring of something very boring combined with a quick reaction very infrequently. I like it a lot in that application. I leave follow distance on 7 by default and adjust it down only in a situation where it then feels wrong.

For me in a motorway/DC traffic jam or in heavy traffic at say 50mph where lane discipline is shot anyway, the computer is already perhaps better suited to the job than a human because it's about constant monitoring of something very boring combined with a quick reaction very infrequently. I like it a lot in that application. I leave follow distance on 7 by default and adjust it down only in a situation where it then feels wrong.

7? Wow, can you even see the car in front? ;) I have mine set on 3 which seems to give a 2 second gap at 70.