Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Autopilot disabled due to] System Failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yo, whaddyua looking at?
;)

For me, AP/CC error out with about 20% probability when I drive through rain/mist/fog/into the sun.
It doesn't take much for cameras to get fogged up or confused, and for Tesla software to crap out.

I don't think any of the above are a factor.
I would focus on environmental conditions first, and foremost. Then, maybe, an intermittent hardware failure with one of the cameras.

I don't think so (didn't happen to me), but Tesla messes with its software monthly, so each and every update can screw something up.
Short of submitting a service request to a SC (via an App, all other methods have been blocked), I'm not sure there is anything else any of us can do here. In all likelihood, Tesla SC wont find anything wrong and send you home with "they all do it" response, though.

a
hey again,

Had a service appt and did more research online.
I found this online: Tesla recalls 130,000 vehicles to fix touchscreen issues caused by an overheating CPU
I have that computer.
When I spoke to the technician in my service center and described the problem, without batting an eye, he said my computer is overheating and needs to be replaced. It was under warranty. It took 2 days, and after all of that, my car has recovered from his "brain transplant". Now he has to be re-introduced to me. It's like picking-up a new car. I have to install apps, reorganize the icons, set-up all parameters.
End result? all's well. Bill was zero!
fuggedaboutit.