Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot features missing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have acquired a 2019 model 3 standard plus. When I engage TACC, it acts like regular cruise without keeping a following distance, and the right scroll wheel does NOT bring up the following distance selections. Also, when trying to go to autosteer nothing happens. I have a model Y and am familiar with all these features. The 3 was the most basic version that they sold for 35K, Did it not come with those features, or is it a software issue? (did a software update and still not getting these features).

I had the Standard Range (not Plus) years ago and you also do not have the Plus (which means no AutoPilot) based upon what you describe. Also, the SR+ was nver priced at $35,000 only the Standard Range was.

I hope that this helps.

I have acquired a 2019 model 3 standard plus. When I engage TACC, it acts like regular cruise without keeping a following distance, and the right scroll wheel does NOT bring up the following distance selections. Also, when trying to go to autosteer nothing happens. I have a model Y and am familiar with all these features. The 3 was the most basic version that they sold for 35K, Did it not come with those features, or is it a software issue? (did a software update and still not getting these features).

As @Stach says, the most basic version of the 3 sold for 35K was called the Standard Range, Not standard range plus. That version of the car did not come with autopilot as a standard feature, also as @Stach indicated.

So, The car doesnt have "Autopilot" as a feature standard, and by your description whomever you bought the car from never purchased it. You can probably upgrade to autopilot in your app for a fee though.